Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cutout not closing all the way

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2004, 09:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cutout not closing all the way

Just had dual QTP cutouts and a custom y put on my car. Looks sweet and sounds awesome when the cutouts are open.

I'm having a problem with the driver side cutout not closing all the way. The cutout appears to have some screws that adjust the butterfly openning that I plan on messing with in a while. Anyone else know what to do?
Old 01-10-2004, 10:15 AM
vette=lack of penis

Mine is an older design and it is now leaking. One buddy bought one and it was dead on arrival. I am assuming the newer design would be better. I am going to have to buy a new one (new design). I am not aware of any adjustments. Hope this helps.
Old 01-10-2004, 12:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Wel,l I have two and both are new. One is perfect, the other leaks. Could it have anything to do with the direction the butterfly valve is facing/opening.
Old 01-10-2004, 02:45 PM
TOZ
On The Tree

Originally Posted by jd13
Just had dual QTP cutouts and a custom y put on my car. Looks sweet and sounds awesome when the cutouts are open.

I'm having a problem with the driver side cutout not closing all the way. The cutout appears to have some screws that adjust the butterfly openning that I plan on messing with in a while. Anyone else know what to do?
Did you installed that on the 99 Z28 ? Do you have any vibration after reving ?

Quick Reply: cutout not closing all the way