Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Difference in air lids

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 04:28 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ya bro lids give the same power gain i've had like 3. i now have the whisper lid which doesnt have a bad fit just takes a little more time to fit it in right compared to the slp. the slp clips right in but the whisper you have to play with it to get it just right. i felt a difference with the slp cold air kit though...not a huge difference but i felt a little more kick on the bottom end
Old 05-11-2010, 06:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JP
Says the dumbshit asking stupid questions

You want to know what kind of oil to use also
Yes please, tell me which oil to use. Forgive me for not knowing much about lids on my first LS1. I bet I could still take you in a race BEFORE my lid and exhaust.
Old 05-12-2010, 11:03 AM
JP
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 96blackta
Yes please, tell me which oil to use. Forgive me for not knowing much about lids on my first LS1. I bet I could still take you in a race BEFORE my lid and exhaust.
Well..if you would you the search button you would know all you needed to know about lids,and i could careless if you could take me in a race-if you want to drive to Oklahoma and race Im all for it
Old 05-12-2010, 09:32 PM
On The Tree

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Arc00TA
The blackwing is a good design like the SLP, mostly due to the fact that there is a better chance it won't rub on your hood. It also fits very well, some lids do not. Just throwing that out there, the differences in lids are usually stuff like these not hp gains. Thats why I bought an SLP lid, it was on sale for 85$ and I know theres a 99% chance of it fitting well and sealing without hitting my hood. Like the other guys said that's not taking into account the neck size for some of the larger lids, which would maybe show more power on a big cube build.
Good info here. This is prolly what the OP was in search of when posting this thread. I just picked up the SLP CAI and it should be here tomorrow. I also am debating whether or not to get LT's.
Old 05-12-2010, 10:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

this setup isnt just a bolt on car with a PORTED THROTTLE BODY AND MAF!

the combo should do 470-480 when its all said and done. and he already has an ls3/ls7 MAF..

but what do i know.

try a search in the dyno section.

and yes, STOCK unported ls2 intakes blow dogs.
Old 05-12-2010, 10:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

https://ls1tech.com/forums/dynamomet...id-setups.html

2nd page in a search in the dyno forum....