Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ported Fast 92 to unported heads... bad idea?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2010, 04:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Ported Fast 92 to unported heads... bad idea?

I have a 2000 TA, and I have a chance to buy a gasket matched and ported fast 92 intake for CHEAP. The only thing thats keeping me from buying it is that i have unported or gasket matched heads and the opening on the fast 92 is much larger then the heads intake side, and it seems like it may cause the incoming air to become turbulante because the unported head is going to act like a wall when the air hits it from the ported 92.

Am i right about this or should i just get it and even tho the heads arent ported ill still see a power increase over my LS1 intake. Thanks
Old 05-15-2010, 05:28 PM
Launching!

If its cheap, get it. You can always port your heads or upgrade to new ported heads later. If not you could re-sale if you go in a different direction. There is no down side to buying.
Old 05-15-2010, 06:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yea im deff going to get it, but i want to know if there is going to be a down side to actually installing it on unported heads. I want to get a little more power out of my car and i dont want to buy it and then sell it, id rather use it even for a little more power
Old 05-15-2010, 06:29 PM
Launching!

Just buy it. I ran my ported fast on my stock heads and gained 17whp OVER my LS6. So if you're currently running an LS1 intake...ya you're gonna feel it hit you hard from 3500rpms and up. I bet you gain 25whp or more over your ls1 with a proper tune.

Quick Reply: Ported Fast 92 to unported heads... bad idea?