Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

maybe going to tsp true duals... thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 07:35 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jeepers_88
so ive been kicking around the idea of selling off my kooks ORY and magnaflow cat back and putting in its place a tsp true duals setup. My problem is I cant decide which of the three mufflers I want to get, dynomax bullets, moroso spiral flows, or the sweet thunder. The car is just long tubes, tune, lid, and a 150 shot. Will be seeing a heads/cam package in the future, but for now, im just tired of the reserved tone of my setup, and want something a bit beefier. ive looking at the ls1sounds.com and youtube, I want something that is fairly reserved at idle but really screams when you jump on it. What are your guys' thoughts and experiences? ive seen a few vids that have me leaning to the dynomax bullets
im in the same boat as you. i wanted to get rid of my pacesetter ory and magnaflow catback for TSP duals with sweet thunder mufflers!! i think the sweet thunders sound so sick. i actually almost traded my buddy for his tsp dynomax duals, but it is very loud. it was a headache for him. he wants to go to a catback. but if i ever go to duals i would just go with sweet thunders.
Old 06-06-2010, 08:46 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you are DD'ing your car and you dont have a cam, the TSP's are great. If you have a cam, it doesnt matter which bullet choice you go with, it will be LOUD. I had TSP's and before I went with the cam, I had the sweet thunders, and it was awesome. Normal driving was bearable and sounded great. Once I put the cam in, i couldnt hear myself think. I switched to a TD set up with CAT's and Edelbrock Mufflers. Its still pretty loud, but not anywhere near as loud as the bullets.....hope this helps
Old 06-07-2010, 10:08 AM
Restricted User

here is the TSP true duals in my 2000 Trans Am with a 228/230 cam. wow it was loud and the ground clearance was terrible.

idle clip of car

1st through 3rd pull
Old 06-07-2010, 10:15 AM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

^^^so what did you end up doing with it. What is your new setup? I have to disagree, I love how loud they are and IMO its not unbearable inside with windows up. I just took a ride last night with a passenger and someone in the backseat and we were having conversations just fine crusing around. Now WOT is a different story but it sounds good so who cares and its not my DD>
Old 06-07-2010, 12:51 PM
Staging Lane

Damn those exhaust setups sound sick!!! Ive decided once I get my car back from speedinc with my new 12 bolt and my conversion Im ordering true duals from tsp. Couple questions though is that a 3 inch exhaust??? And with vogtland lowering springs about a inch to an inch and a half drop will I have clearance issues??? Is this hard to install also. Definately dumped before the axle is the way Im going!!!
Old 06-07-2010, 01:01 PM
TECH Addict

yes its a 3 inch xipe. install was not hard at all. me and a buddy installed the headers, and full exhaust on our backs in my garage floor with jack stands. just takes some patience. Make sure you tuck them up real nice dont bolt anything together until its how you want it.
I have never had issues with clearing anything. my driveway has a pretty good drop off at the end and I go up and down just fine. I will be lowering with stranos next year so I can post up pics then. You'll love the sound of them especially with a cam
Old 06-07-2010, 01:19 PM
Staging Lane

Yeah I already cammed, Speed Inc LS1 custom grind 231 237 .589 .595 112. Looking to ditch the kooks ory and magnaflow catback. Waiting to get car back from speedinc actually. Converting my a4 to m6 and getting strange s60 dana rearend and vogtland lowering springs, about inch and a half drop. Just wondering how the fit would be but damn after hearing those clips Im sold thats the sound I want. I'm gunna check out speedincs true dual setup as well though and compare.
Old 06-08-2010, 08:07 PM
11 Second Club

transammiller- what bullets are you using in those vids?
Old 06-09-2010, 07:51 AM
12 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by gyrene2003
damn, i wish i could rock tsp duals. damn tunnel mount ta!!!!!
i have a tunnel mount TQ arm and my duals clear just fine.
Old 06-10-2010, 01:40 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by lemons12
Xpipe/1 chambers...

/thread

+1
Old 06-10-2010, 05:00 AM
12 Second Club

I ended up getting the Sweet Thunders on my TSP duals and everyone who's heard my car says it sounds great all around. It's loud but has a really nice tone to it.
Old 06-13-2010, 04:16 PM
11 Second Club

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuAfnLQFXUA

Heres the comparison, they are way louder in person than the camera gives them credit for, and holy **** does it put a smile on your face when you open them up
Old 06-14-2010, 01:26 PM
Staging Lane

Now after hearing all these sound clips IDK which muffler to get. I already have an aggresive cam and plane to go bigger cam with heads and intake. So sweet thunders would sound the best??? Or should I just get the dynomax bullets? My cars lowered a little over an inch also. I want the best sounding true dual setup and dont want to switch it up after the fact.
Old 06-14-2010, 06:30 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by CamnZ28
Now after hearing all these sound clips IDK which muffler to get. I already have an aggresive cam and plane to go bigger cam with heads and intake. So sweet thunders would sound the best??? Or should I just get the dynomax bullets? My cars lowered a little over an inch also. I want the best sounding true dual setup and dont want to switch it up after the fact.
let me tell you what, the sound from these sweet thunders is just down right nasty when you open it up, I really like the tone they have. They are pretty loud, and for my taste, I wouldnt want them much louder. Everyone seems to say the dynomax are louder, ive never heard them in person so I cant say. But, I am very pleased with the volume and tone Ive got with these
Old 06-14-2010, 06:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

sweet thunders or power sticks are FTW, they're on my buddys car and i've never heard another car sound like his. i could be at the hot dog stand at the track and i'd know when he was doing a burnout/staging.
Old 06-14-2010, 10:39 PM
Teching In

I highly recommend the true duals, no matter what. Your muffler choice is a matter of preference. I'm sure you've heard plenty of setups now. Nothing can outflow those true duals. Make sure you go with 2.5" because ground clearance with 3" is a bitch and I doubt you will really ever have enough power to max out the 2.5". I didn't pay much attention when I bought mine though. I have a Trans Am and it looks weird having those cutouts in the rear and the exhaust is friggin dumped under the car. Keep that in mind too. I'm probably gonna end up having some pipe run to the cutouts again.
Old 06-15-2010, 09:05 AM
TECH Addict

I have more clearance with my 3" TD than I did with my ypipe setup. It is all how you install it that will determine the ground clearance. I'm at stock height now but will be lowered next year
Old 08-11-2010, 09:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

i am still waitin for a good over the axle bolt on true duels, then i will switch. till then i am rockin my flowmaster 4" merge pipe with LM1 and QTP long tubes!
Old 08-12-2010, 02:44 AM
10 Second Club

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

I play. ground clearance isnt bad if you take your time and do a good install. http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=O-OU...eature=channel
Old 08-12-2010, 09:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've got a set of bullet TSP duals ready to go on my car...I might have a little fun and order a pair of Power Sticks and do some back-to-back comparisons. Shouldn't be too hard to run the bullets for a day or two, then unclamp them and switch the Power Sticks in.

Quick Reply: maybe going to tsp true duals... thoughts?