Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

X pipe duals with Tunnel torque arm....

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 06:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default X pipe duals with Tunnel torque arm....

I bought a set of TSP duals off craislist for cheap...Come to find out after research they won't clear my UMI torque arm mount.

I spent some time under the car, and it feel like I could make my own custom forward pipes and just set the X to be right after the crossmember. Does anyone have any pictures of something like this?

Also, I have SLP headers... they came on the car, the drivers side has a horrible angle to it pointing the dump very sharply to the pass side. Do all F-body headers do this? I'm wanting to change the headers so I can gain some ground clearance. If other headers don't angle as much I may just wait to put on the duals.
Old 06-23-2010, 06:22 PM
11 Second Club

I have 3" duals with a x pipe and a umi torque arm. I placed the X in the middle of the tunnel mount brace. I custom built the whole setup ,but i'm sure you could tweak the tsp setup with a little help from a chop saw and a mig. I'm running dynatech headers here and my system tucks up tight
Old 06-23-2010, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Pharcyde50
I have 3" duals with a x pipe and a umi torque arm. I placed the X in the middle of the tunnel mount brace. I custom built the whole setup ,but i'm sure you could tweak the tsp setup with a little help from a chop saw and a mig. I'm running dynatech headers here and my system tucks up tight
I actually just looked at all your pics in the Dual thread, I really like your system. But I'm wanting to just do a standard back into the X and run the dynomax bullets. I ran it for a week with the catted Y and one and it sounded amazing. I started it with one on each header and it sounded badass
Old 06-23-2010, 06:55 PM

Ya know what, I'm not sure it was yours I saw...haha I kept trying to search and I couldn't find anything. Could you snap a pic? Or send me a link to current pics?
Old 06-23-2010, 10:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

i have an X pipe and my exhaust hangs pretty low lol

check out the sig
Old 06-24-2010, 09:56 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

For the TSP true duals we recommend our transmission mounted torque arm for the best clearance. Our trans mounted torque offers additional clearance over the factory torque arm and allows you to tuck the duals up even higher for better ground clearance. If you concerned about the torque arm being mounted to the tail shaft then we recommend our torque arm relocation kit which will also clear with the duals.

Here is a bunch of pictures the TSP set up installed with a full UMI suspension set up. Please take a look- http://www.facebook.com/#!/album.php...1448642&ref=pb

If you have any questions please ask. Thank you!
Ryan
Old 06-24-2010, 05:46 PM

I looked at your set-up already, but I can't justify spending $500 on a new torque arm setup to run my $100 exhaust setup...haha I'm faily confident I can fab up my own system, I would just like some kind of picture to have somewhere to start at.

Quick Reply: X pipe duals with Tunnel torque arm....