Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lane's duals vs TSP Rumbler

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 02:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lane's duals vs TSP Rumbler

Checked over on LS1Sounds but didn't see anything that helped out...

Getting ready to switch my old set of Lane's duals for a TSP Rumbler because, unfortunately, the Lane's don't clear my new UMI torque-arm relocation crossmember, and they're too rusty to really bother with modifying to work. If anyone's switched from a Lane's setup to a TSP setup, using the same mufflers (bullets, in my case), how much of a sound change was there, if any? Overall setup will be the same (LTs, no cats, 3" pipes to bullets, dumped at the axle).

Also, just to confirm, will the TSP Rumbler clear the M6 torque arm relocation crossmember from UMI?
Old 07-08-2010, 02:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Check this thread out:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...sion-pics.html

And the pics posted in it:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/album.php...d=105161448642

The UMI torque arm relocation is supposed to allow you to tuck up TSP true duals even better than normal. Funny that it ended up getting in the way of your old TD, I figured it would make more room for all TD setups.

Edit: Hold on, it looks like just the new torque arm is what allows you more room to tuck up the exhaust. However, according to that thread the UMI torque arm relocation crossmember will definitely not be in the way of a TSP true dual system.

Last edited by X-ray; 07-08-2010 at 02:57 PM.
Old 07-08-2010, 03:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well, the setup I have no it now was made on a jig a couple years back, rather than being installed with the car there (WV is sorta far from TX), so instead of having more of a loop on the passenger side coming off the header collector into the x-pipe, it's pretty much a 45* angle, which is were it fouls the relocation crossmember. The exhaust is pretty nasty from driving the car in a couple WV and KS winters, so I've been gearing up to find a new setup, this just makes me do it earlier than expected.

The TSP setup looks like it clears beautifully, and pushes the x-pipe a little further back than where it is on mine - there's just enough space to get in to change the trans mount out as it is.
Old 07-08-2010, 03:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I just bought a LaMonte Performance x-pipe last night. I really like Texas Speed and was going to buy their TD with sweet thunders, but $400 shipped for an all stainless x-pipe from LPP is hard to beat. I just hope it clears my UMI torque arm relocation too.

I swear one of these days I'm gonna give TSP some business. Maybe when the head/cam time comes
Old 07-08-2010, 03:09 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

The TSP duals will clear our M6 torque arm relocation kit.

Hope that helps
Ryan