Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

pacesetter header exhaust clamps??

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2004, 12:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default pacesetter header exhaust clamps??

what did you guys use for the exhaust clamps on the pacesetter headers and Y? i want to put stainless band clamps on in case i need to ever do anything to it and don't have to dink around with the normal U-clamps. i was wondering if i notched the pipes and used band clamps if that would work or not. i'm going to try to get them on in the next couple of weeks and want to make sure i've got all the parts i need. thanks, Jess
Old 01-20-2004, 12:43 PM
STF Veteran

Well I just put my Pacesetters on this past weekend and I had a leak where the drivers side collector and the y-pipe meet. I tried the u-bolt and they sucked. I asked on here and someone mentioned to try foil tape use for HVAC. I bought some at Lowe's and put about 3 layers on and then use a stainless band clamp and it worked like a champ. Hope that helps some.
Old 01-22-2004, 06:49 AM
TECH Apprentice

did you have to notch the pipe to get the band clamp to work or is all you did was put that foil and the band on? thanks, Jess
Old 01-22-2004, 12:39 PM
On The Tree

I had to completely modify my pacesetter Y to get it to fit . I removed it and built duals. Now I'm one bad ****. I have another new set of duals for sale in the parts section if you're interested.

Quick Reply: pacesetter header exhaust clamps??