Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Best sounding exhaust with Long tubes
GMMG
8.66%
Hooker
8.66%
Magnaflow
24.41%
Loud Mouth
14.96%
Corsa
7.09%
TSP
7.09%
Flowmaster
1.57%
Slp powerflo
0.79%
Flowmaster
0.79%
Other
25.98%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Whats your favorite exhaust with LT's?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 12:52 AM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

So on the SLP Dual-Dual, which Kooks Y sounds better with the Kooks LTs, catted or ORY?

Originally Posted by Cheatin' Chad
SLP Dual/Dual
GMMG
Corsa (if you still have cats)
Hooker
Old 08-04-2010, 08:42 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

On my buddys magnaflow you cant even tell he has headers its dead quite. My stock exhaust was just as loud.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:55 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeWS6
Whats wrong with the borla? And I didnt know they still made slp dual dual.
The really like how the borla sounds, but I lowered my car so I want to go back with a cat back for better ground clearance. I bought the dual dual used.
Old 08-04-2010, 12:31 PM
TECH Addict

This thread needs more sound clips
Old 08-04-2010, 01:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well I guess I can throw in my dyno video as much as I hate it the way it sounds. Shitty camera. Does not sound like what it does in real life at all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_vTT0M0_LU

Here's a vid of me racing a friend from inside the car

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3O3Rvexfes
Old 08-04-2010, 03:13 PM
TECH Addict

^^^ Sounds really good to me.
Old 08-04-2010, 07:26 PM
Staging Lane

So anyone with long tubes + cam switch or ever heard a b4 and after with a Borla to say a Hooker or Magnaflow?

I was going to start a new thread but this was pretty close to what I am after. Currently have QTP long tubes, hi flo cats, F14HL cam (112LSA 232/234, .600+ lift) and a Borla. I love the sound at idle, but just am not that fond of it at mid to wot. Too loud and to me it is more of a scream rather than roar. I have experimented with plates and have to use nearly the most open plate. Otherwise I get a real anoying hissing sound when coming off the gas.

I loved my Hooker set up on my LT1 but only ran shorties and no cam. I know headers and a cam make a big difference on exhaust sound. I wish I had infinite funds to try them all out but no go there. And I am also not really fond of the tips.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:24 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by mfb_birdman
So anyone with long tubes + cam switch or ever heard a b4 and after with a Borla to say a Hooker or Magnaflow?

I was going to start a new thread but this was pretty close to what I am after. Currently have QTP long tubes, hi flo cats, F14HL cam (112LSA 232/234, .600+ lift) and a Borla. I love the sound at idle, but just am not that fond of it at mid to wot. Too loud and to me it is more of a scream rather than roar. I have experimented with plates and have to use nearly the most open plate. Otherwise I get a real anoying hissing sound when coming off the gas.

I loved my Hooker set up on my LT1 but only ran shorties and no cam. I know headers and a cam make a big difference on exhaust sound. I wish I had infinite funds to try them all out but no go there. And I am also not really fond of the tips.
I have heard heads/cam setups with magnaflow and hooker and they both had a very mean roar to them. Magnaflow was a tad more quiet but a little deeper. Cant go wrong with either imo.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:34 PM
Staging Lane

I'd say longtubes, catted y, and a medium 3 inch powerstick from classic chambered. I love it best sounding exhaust I have had, a lot better than my old magnaflow that is sitting in my garage.
Old 08-05-2010, 07:24 AM
TECH Resident

I like the Hooker exhaust because it's pretty quiet when the police are behind you. An electric cutout lets you tune the volume from mild to STUPID in 6 seconds...
Old 08-05-2010, 07:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Lets see I have had..BORLA (now on my stock Z28), SLP LM1, and currently SLP Dual Dual.

The Borla was ok, but not loud enough for me (but I did have hi-flow cats on at the time too), and WAY too HEAVY! I had Rapid Motorsports installan entire new H/C/I, clutch and Moser 12 bolt and had a SLP LM1 installed ( removed emmissions and yanked the cats). There was a ton of rasp which I hated but at idle and WOT that exhaust was badass.

As Im getting older I can appreciate my neighbors hatred when I would take the car to work and have to start it at 7am; therefore, I replaced it with a used Dual Dual. I ended up breaking my Rodger-the-dodge Grotyohann y-pipe at the track with a 1.60 60ft lauch on ET STREETS. I wanted the Flowmaster merger installed into my y-pipe but the shop I took it to wasn't proficient enough to do so I just had the ypipe repaired and the used DD installed.

The DD is a love/hate exhaust for me. I like the fact that when I want it quiet its quiet but sometimes its too quiet, especially when cruising the hot spots. At WOT its lust as loud as the LM1, I feel. To be honest, I think the car has more grunt low end with the LM1 compared to no catback at all. When I broke my y-pipe, I had to drive for a bit with just the y-pipe and now the cars' got much more torque with the DD. Before I replace the DD with a custom true dual, I'm going to try an electric cutout. I am debating if I should put a bullet style muffler in the I-pipe before the cutout though.
Old 08-05-2010, 09:43 AM
12 Second Club

I have Lt's, no cats, 3" pipe into the X, then 2.5" the rest of the way, over the axle and then into 1-chambers. With my Torquer V2 it sounds pretty evil. If you're standing near the car, you can feel the ground shaking around it.

I have a basement garage, and when I turn the car on, the fan in the living room above it starts spinning, lol.
Old 08-05-2010, 10:48 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Steve Gunn
I like the Hooker exhaust because it's pretty quiet when the police are behind you. An electric cutout lets you tune the volume from mild to STUPID in 6 seconds...
I have hooker and its wicked loud at wot. Maybe its more broken in than yours.
Old 08-05-2010, 11:01 AM
10 Second Club

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

TSP with bullets http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-OU2...ture=channelts and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpXbl...eature=channel
Old 08-05-2010, 12:05 PM
10 Second Club

I run pacesetters with true duals and custom xpipe with pair of Dynomax ultra flo mufflers. sounds really good and have had many people give me compliments.
Old 08-05-2010, 01:38 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I prefer Magnaflow over any exhaust especially with Lts and no cats..Not loud when you dont need the attention and loud enough when you want it..
Old 08-05-2010, 10:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MikeWS6
On my buddys magnaflow you cant even tell he has headers its dead quite. My stock exhaust was just as loud.
exactly!! bro, im cammed with longtubes and no cats and my car is really quiet!! i want to switch to hooker catback or GMMG, or possibly sweet thunders.. i know hooker might now be that much louder, but i think hooker has a more deep muscular sound than magnaflow..

magnaflow is okay..
Old 08-05-2010, 11:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ncfastls1
Well I guess I can throw in my dyno video as much as I hate it the way it sounds. Shitty camera. Does not sound like what it does in real life at all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_vTT0M0_LU

Here's a vid of me racing a friend from inside the car

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3O3Rvexfes
Just wanna say it sounds awesome, and this is my second LS1 car wit borla, im a huge fan of it, first car i had Pacesetter LTs wit Y pipe no cats, and it sounded incredible, but had alittle rasp, this time around im going with Hooker LTs and a TSP catted y, so it should pretty much sound like ur ARH/Borla setup
Old 08-05-2010, 11:50 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by egott_91
^^^^^ borla tips are DUMB! I hate them too! Especially the shape.

I have BorlaMouth...and I'm not going to change it. I LOVE the sound of the Borla but without the rasp. The XR-1 muffler is great. Deep around town, as loud as LM2 at wot and no rasp...it's great!
I second this! I just switched from magnaflow to Borla and WOW the Borla xr1 eliminates all the rasp and has a very deep tone and sound awesome everywhere! Almost sounds cammed sittin there, its mean
Old 08-06-2010, 12:55 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by TXZ28LS1
exactly!! bro, im cammed with longtubes and no cats and my car is really quiet!! i want to switch to hooker catback or GMMG, or possibly sweet thunders.. i know hooker might now be that much louder, but i think hooker has a more deep muscular sound than magnaflow..

magnaflow is okay..
My friend wanted to hear my lts/hooker cb so i reved it up to about 5 grand and he said "thats just not right" "That thing sounds horrifying". I laughed. Over all I love it. Very little rasp especially compared to gmmg but just as loud at wot.