Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Macs W/O ball flanges?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2004, 03:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Macs W/O ball flanges?

I found some Mac headers W/o ball flanges. They still have the 2 bolt connectors. Do the ball flanges reduce the size down to the y-pipe? Is there a reducer i could get so these will work with the Mac y. Or is there another y-pipe that will work?These are very cheap and in my price range Thanks for any info. Tony
Old 01-23-2004, 10:10 AM
10 Second Club

I done mine 2 days ago that way but i had the muffler shop run a 2 3/4 inch to 2 1/2 pipe welded in place of the ball flanges. The ball flanges are restrictive and cause more rasp but as far as gaining more power i could not tell much but it should help more with a straight through pipe now instead of the ball flange. You might want to add a 3" flowmaster collector also to open the Y pipe up more along with smoothing out the exhaust ports on the headers with a dremel.

Scott
Old 01-23-2004, 12:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by StreetStalkerZ
I done mine 2 days ago that way but i had the muffler shop run a 2 3/4 inch to 2 1/2 pipe welded in place of the ball flanges. The ball flanges are restrictive and cause more rasp but as far as gaining more power i could not tell much but it should help more with a straight through pipe now instead of the ball flange. You might want to add a 3" flowmaster collector also to open the Y pipe up more along with smoothing out the exhaust ports on the headers with a dremel.

Scott
So the Macs w/o the ball flage are 2 3/4 and the y-pipe is 2 1/2?. So if i found an adapter i could bolt up it would work then? Thanks for your reply.
Tony
Old 01-23-2004, 01:01 PM
Banned

I cut the ends of the collector off and just welded on 3" pipe running to a collector (kinda making the header look like a longtube). Then it never necked down...

Then had them ceramic coating...