Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SLP Y pipe Opinions please

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2010, 05:41 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the input it looks like a few hundred from every paycheck is going to be set aside so I can get my hands on some ARH with there Y pipe.
Old 08-21-2010, 09:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

By far the ARH with their catted y was the best investment on my hawk. Not cheap, but stainless just means you do it 1 time, and I am not in the habit of doing things twice just to save money. I had no problems installing and afterwards with ARH. And it was done in like 20 degree weather, outside, while snowing, under a open carport. I did a thread on ls1tech about it, cause the headers are that damn good. You have a good plan, stick with it.
Old 06-13-2012, 03:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ahh if you say sooo!!! LT's are fine if your just gona take the car to the track, but we dont all live in bumblefuck riding around with no cats. No one dares speak up due to redicule from the forum "masters". If you like the Y pipe, wana get rid of that flat pipe, I'm sure its gotta be a little better than stock....and as far as noticing a difference, the main difference will be in your head...you know its there, period.
Old 06-13-2012, 06:57 PM
On The Tree

Wow this is an old thread.
See my Sig.......I installed the SLP y-pipe years ago and still have it on the car.
The only thing I can say good about it is my exhaust note did get a little deeper. The only bad thing I can say is it hangs too low to the ground on the drivers side. Did it add power? Maybe but my Dyno is with it installed so who knows. I'm currently beating myself up with trying to decide if I should install some 1 7/8" ARH LT's w/cats. I do have good exhaust sound. I like my stock muffler w/CME its just not loud enough. I heard I will lose the back pressure sound if I install LT Hearders like if you are in second gear and at 3500 rpms and you let off the gas. It sounds good now so would I loose this sound with LT headers?
Old 06-13-2012, 11:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

+1 for LTs!!! Check out TSP stainless stell 1 7/8 headers... Great value...
Old 06-13-2012, 11:47 PM
Staging Lane

I found out when my stock y-pipe was busted when I upgraded the magnaflow so it was replaced with the slp y-pipe. Slight change if any to be honest from oem to slp y-pipe.
Old 06-13-2012, 11:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Dyno show no Gain from OEM to SLP y pipe...

Quick Reply: SLP Y pipe Opinions please