Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Preparing for LT's

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2010, 11:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay-P
Way too many variables at the track to do an honest comparison. Back to back dyno runs is really the only way, which have been done numerous times.

Heck you could see a gain from just taking a big **** in the morning, as opposed to not taking one at all.
lol..soo true. i guess it on a stock exhaust its a good thing. i went long tubes and ORY with a tsp catback. after i did that i never really thought about the cut out again.
Old 08-25-2010, 03:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

What brand motor mounts should I be looking for? Should I buy some better exhaust clamps or can I just weld this stuff up.
LT's are starting to get expensive, almost be cheaper to throw a cheatr cam in there, or pick up a cheap hotcam.
Old 08-25-2010, 06:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1WS6dreamer
What brand motor mounts should I be looking for? Should I buy some better exhaust clamps or can I just weld this stuff up.
LT's are starting to get expensive, almost be cheaper to throw a cheatr cam in there, or pick up a cheap hotcam.
You don't have to do engine mounts, they're just a lot easier with the headers out of the way.

You can weld everything, which'll eliminate the chance of leaks, but it'll also be harder to adjust later on, for the off chance you need to.

Just remember that an intake and exhaust are the ground basics for making good power - it may seem expensive now, but you'll get better gains from anything you do to the engine later on.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Element
You don't have to do engine mounts, they're just a lot easier with the headers out of the way.

You can weld everything, which'll eliminate the chance of leaks, but it'll also be harder to adjust later on, for the off chance you need to.

Just remember that an intake and exhaust are the ground basics for making good power - it may seem expensive now, but you'll get better gains from anything you do to the engine later on.
My car has some miles on it so it would prolly be a good idea to change them out. I am hoping since I have the shittiest exhaust manifolds the LT's and ditching the cats will be a worthwhile SOTP increase. I know its gonna be loud as hell though.

Can somebody provide me a link to a decent set of new header bolts or tell me the size, I am sick of dealing with summits website.

Last edited by LS1WS6dreamer; 08-25-2010 at 07:31 PM.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

i bought a set of borg warner wires. good quality and fit.
Old 08-25-2010, 08:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1WS6dreamer
My car has some miles on it so it would prolly be a good idea to change them out. I am hoping since I have the shittiest exhaust manifolds the LT's and ditching the cats will be a worthwhile SOTP increase. I know its gonna be loud as hell though.

Can somebody provide me a link to a decent set of new header bolts or tell me the size, I am sick of dealing with summits website.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/GAR-56406-H/?rtype=10

You could probably just pick up a set of OEM bolts from a local dealership that'd work just as well. I've heard various things about the bolts header manufacturers supply - some are supposed to be good, some junk.
Old 08-25-2010, 08:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

The MSD SC plug boots are somewhat bendable so they can be made to clear the primaries.