Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carb LQ4, which ignition is best??

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2010 | 09:07 PM
Teching In

Default Carb LQ4, which ignition is best??

I was wondering what ignition and intake setup to use on a carbed 6.0, ive heard the ignition with the edelbrock 7118 is not the best choice because of the only timing options being the few "pills" they give you. I've heard the msd 6ls-2 is a much better option with computer prgrammable timing, the only thing is i can't find a kit including the ignition, harness, and intake manifol, if anyone knows a place to order this please let me know!!
Old 09-06-2010 | 06:52 PM
11 Second Club

From: Your girl's back door giving her the long stroke while you're at work

You won't find one with the MSD box. You'll have to order the intake separate then order the MSD box which will come with the software and harness.

The Edelbrock box/pills are garbage and have a total of 36* of timing on all curves.
Old 09-08-2010 | 12:59 PM
Staging Lane

My friend and i built a carburated 6.0 and we used the msd ls controler and it goes very good but make sure all your grounds are good and you have a good ignition source to power it , you will have to buy it seperate it comes with the harness and the software is nice because you can graph you own timing curve and set your rev limiter and a few other active features , we went with the gmpp intake with a 650 holley and we are running the gm asa cam and shaved the heads to 11 to 1 and it really goes in a 81 firebird , if you cam it you will have to change the stock spring and pushrods , we used the LS6 springs that are cheap as hell , Eric

Quick Reply: Carb LQ4, which ignition is best??