Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GMMG catback question

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 09:46 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default GMMG catback question

Ok, Im going to build me own chambered catback system since finding a decent priced used GMMG or even getting one is near impossible. The question I have is how long (overall length) are the chambered mufflers on a GMMG catback????
I want to get it as closely sounding to the GMMG as I can and the company that sells the chambered mufflers offers them in three differnt sizes. I know that are 3in in diameter.
So if anybody that has one could get a quick measurement for me that would help out a ton.
Also has anybody built there own chambered exhaust before? How does it sound?
Thanks guys.
Old 09-08-2010, 09:56 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would have to measure in morning. But sweet thunder can build mufflers in about any length you want. Very similar to these.
Old 09-08-2010, 10:02 PM
Launching!

Thanks man. I would appreciate that. I was looking at classic chambered exhaust.com but I might have to give sweet thunder a call first. I wonder if I tell them I want it to sound like a GMMG they will know what Im talking about lol!
Old 09-09-2010, 01:38 PM
On The Tree

I've ran 3 true dual setups with my car. I currently have Medium Powersticks H-Pipe setup out the back. I've ran previously, Borla XR-1, Bullets, and now P/S. All of them sound uniquely different, but I'd have to say I prefer the Powersticks to all of them. You might want to give them a look see. I'm on the fence as to rather go with another trual dual (sweet thunder) or opt for the GMMG catback. Below is a video of my car with the Powersticks and high flow cats. Feel free to check it out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLl-Nt-3KaM
Old 09-09-2010, 03:07 PM
Staging Lane

i have the chambers for sale if you are insterested in making something custom.
Old 09-09-2010, 03:48 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ChefTA
I've ran 3 true dual setups with my car. I currently have Medium Powersticks H-Pipe setup out the back. I've ran previously, Borla XR-1, Bullets, and now P/S. All of them sound uniquely different, but I'd have to say I prefer the Powersticks to all of them. You might want to give them a look see. I'm on the fence as to rather go with another trual dual (sweet thunder) or opt for the GMMG catback. Below is a video of my car with the Powersticks and high flow cats. Feel free to check it out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLl-Nt-3KaM
Thanks for the vid. It sounds really good! I dont think Im going to go the true dual though.

Originally Posted by hisjakeness
i have the chambers for sale if you are insterested in making something custom.
Are they GMMG chambers or powersticks or what are they? Pm me details and price.
Old 09-10-2010, 09:40 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Noah's95z28
Thanks for the vid. It sounds really good! I dont think Im going to go the true dual though.

Are they GMMG chambers or powersticks or what are they? Pm me details and price.
PM sent!
Old 09-10-2010, 12:00 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Noah's95z28
Ok, Im going to build me own chambered catback system since finding a decent priced used GMMG or even getting one is near impossible. The question I have is how long (overall length) are the chambered mufflers on a GMMG catback????
I want to get it as closely sounding to the GMMG as I can and the company that sells the chambered mufflers offers them in three differnt sizes. I know that are 3in in diameter.
So if anybody that has one could get a quick measurement for me that would help out a ton.
Also has anybody built there own chambered exhaust before? How does it sound?
Thanks guys.
call Gary over at Madhammer exhaust to get details on the system. Just google it to get to his website. He is the guy that builds all of the GMMG systems that were supplied to GMMG and now Vengeance racing has a partnership with him.

His phone number is on the website.
Old 09-11-2010, 12:13 AM
Launching!

So can somebody get me the overall length of a gmmg chamber??