Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can you over-build a fuel system?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 02:54 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Can you over-build a fuel system?

I am building a LQ9 coupe. The motor will be pretty much stock at first (345hp + 1 7/8th in longtube headers and full 3.5in exhaust). After getting some advice from folks on here my plan for a fuel system has changed from a modest setup (255lph inline w/c5 filter/regulator) to a more aggressive setup that will support any future modifications.

I am planning on running -10 out of my fuel cell to my Aeromotive filter and A1000 pump, then -10 up to a Y block. I plan to tap my stock truck rails with -6 (or possibly -8), then from the outlet side of each rail go to a Aeromotive regulator (again, either -6 or -8), then back to the tank with probably a -8 line.

I have heard that a -10 to dual -8's is good up to 1k hp which is obviously a lot higher then I plan to run but will give me infinite growing room. Is there any downside to running such a large fuel system for a motor that will be making around 350rwhp initially?

Thanks!
Old 09-22-2010, 03:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nope.