Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

installing duals.. any tips

Old 11-20-2010, 01:53 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default installing duals.. any tips

sup fellas,

ill be swapping out my off road y, and magnaflow for 3" tsp duals. Just wondering if it was pretty much a straight forward install? any tips? how long did it take you guys? also, i think the difficult part will be trying to remove the pipe that goes over the axle. just wondering what you guys did to get it off? any other tips that will help for clearance with duals?
Old 11-20-2010, 09:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

are you going duals over the axle,,, or mufflers and dumps? Over the axle will take some work, dumps are fairly straight forward and easy. As far as removal of the current pipe, are you trying to keep it intact,or are you throwing it away, if you are keeping it expect a little hassle from the axle part of the pipe. If throwing it out, a sawzall will take you about 5 minutes to remove the entire system...
Old 11-20-2010, 10:06 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you didn't weld the catback and just used clamps it will be easy to get the magnaflow off. If welded you will just need to make some clean cuts with a sawzall...
Installing TSP TD's is real straight forward.
Old 11-20-2010, 08:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

thanks guys.. yeah it seems like a straight forward install. i definitely will try and not use a sawzall. im hoping having duals dumped will give me the sound that i wanted. magnaflow did not really do it for me. kinda sad when your cammed and longtubes, and ory and your next door neighbors truck is a bit louder..LOL.
Old 11-29-2010, 10:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Hey, wheres the sound clip......
Old 11-29-2010, 02:48 PM
Staging Lane

i ended up taking a sawzall to my catback over the axle and the install was fairly easy. fitment was a little tight but the sound is way worth it.
Old 11-29-2010, 02:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by TXZ28LS1
thanks guys.. yeah it seems like a straight forward install. i definitely will try and not use a sawzall. im hoping having duals dumped will give me the sound that i wanted. magnaflow did not really do it for me. kinda sad when your cammed and longtubes, and ory and your next door neighbors truck is a bit louder..LOL.
...but is he faster?
Old 11-29-2010, 08:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

thanks guys.. well i got the duals installed. was pretty straight forward. the only part was the hanger of the duals.. trying to figure out where they go. but it definitely sounds 1 million times better. Ill be getting some soundclips when the weather clears up.

Search this Thread