Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust hangers!

Old 11-25-2010, 11:16 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust hangers!

For the TSP true duals how should I attach the hanger for the mufflers?
Old 11-25-2010, 01:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

From the photo's I've seen it looks like they used longer bolts for the rear (inner) seatbelt mounts to the L&R of the tran tunnel.
Old 11-26-2010, 08:46 PM
Launching!

Ok but the seat belt mount go towards the driveshaft and the way the muffler mount is set up the wholes are going to the front and bak of car. I would have to cut the hanger, turn it, and re weld then screw it in. Whata u think?
Old 11-27-2010, 07:32 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does your TSP duals not come with the hangers already on it? I just installed a set of TSP duals on monday. I didnt know i had to drill it through the body (backseat). What i did was hold and push those duals as high up as you possibly can. then my buddy marked where the hanger should be. then we drilled a small hole, and then screwed it in.
Old 11-27-2010, 08:46 AM
Launching!

What kind of screws did you use? Isn't that going to puncture through the carpet into the back seat? Also why would you have to mark the whole, couldn't you have someone lift and then just have someone screw?
Old 11-27-2010, 10:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ffrh911
What kind of screws did you use? Isn't that going to puncture through the carpet into the back seat? Also why would you have to mark the whole, couldn't you have someone lift and then just have someone screw?
I used the screw that the member i traded my magnaflow with gave me. Yeah, i think that it might have punctured the carpet. I honestly have not checked yet. But the screw if i can remember was not that long.

I marked the hole, because when the car was on the lift, we marked it and then screwed it, and then lowered the car and damn there was no way you can drive with the duals that low..lol. so we had to lift it again and i had to push it even more higher to get the clearance.
Old 11-27-2010, 10:39 AM
Launching!

Ok Im going to try this on Jack stands as a I don't have the luxury of a lift lol.
I'll just go to home depot and see what they have
Old 11-27-2010, 10:52 AM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

The screws end up somewhere behind the lower seat cushions & don't show inside the car. Just use a decent-sized sheet metal screw. After four years mine broke off just the past August because I used some tiny screws I had laying around. Nothing like hearing your exhaust scraping the pavement while you're on the interstate
Old 11-27-2010, 02:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by y2k_ta
The screws end up somewhere behind the lower seat cushions & don't show inside the car. Just use a decent-sized sheet metal screw. After four years mine broke off just the past August because I used some tiny screws I had laying around. Nothing like hearing your exhaust scraping the pavement while you're on the interstate
thats good to hear..as long as the screws dont show then im good..LOL.. ill go and check on the carpet and seats to make sure. i definitely love how it sounds.

Search this Thread