Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The quality of Hooker products: Where did it go?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 12:03 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bought and installed my Hooker CB back in late February and installed it. Only problems were they only sent me one clamp and that clamp was too small for any of the pipes, the tail pipes don't line up straight with the slots in the bumper. They point slightly outward and sit too far out. Not really noticeable unless you are looking for it. Planning on getting it straightened out later. I also had to use an expander on one of the tips because it wouldn't fit over the pipe. Other than that everything installed fine. I have a little rattle coming from the over-axle pipe hitting the heat shield when the engine is cold, but it goes away once everything warms up.
Old 05-16-2011, 12:08 PM
LSX Mechanic

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Black98T/A
Did I mention I tried 2 different sets of Hooker 1 3/4 headers...wasted countless hours taking a huge chunk out of my passenger side K-member and 3 weeks downtime ordering and both sides headers wouldn't fit?

Got a set of Pacesetter that fit like a glove and went right up on the passenger side the driver side I only had to grind down the engine tab which took all of 10 minutes.
Hooker headers fit like complete and total ****. Not to mention they're a major PITA to install on the driver's side. I'd never recommend Hooker headers to anyone, at any point in time.
Old 05-16-2011, 03:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Damian
Hooker headers fit like complete and total ****. Not to mention they're a major PITA to install on the driver's side. I'd never recommend Hooker headers to anyone, at any point in time.
Did you ever cut one of the rattlin Areochambers mufflers apart to see whats falling apart? Mine rattles its *** off too! I kinda figured what ever it was would rust on up and get blown out the exaust. But it isn't happening!
Old 05-18-2011, 07:05 PM
Banned

My Flowmaster rattles too so its not just hooker.
Old 05-19-2011, 01:36 AM
Teching In

Damn, good info.

I was also considering Hooker products, but it looks like I'll hold off.

Has anyone from Hooker said anything?
Old 06-12-2011, 02:13 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by NC98Z
Did you ever cut one of the rattlin Areochambers mufflers apart to see whats falling apart? Mine rattles its *** off too! I kinda figured what ever it was would rust on up and get blown out the exaust. But it isn't happening!
^This... I would like to know also. Could the muffler be cut open, hollowed out and then welded shut?
Add me to the list of rattling mufflers. I replaced my hooker cat back with Corsa!
Old 06-12-2011, 08:58 AM
Teching In

Just installed hooker 1 3/4 headers, slid in like butta. Driver side collector was a bit off and had to work the k member slightly, other then that no problems. I didn't even have to grind the block tabs. Hope they don't disintegrate first time a give it a good run
Old 06-12-2011, 09:38 AM
Staging Lane

the price should changed if the quality of product changes......
Old 06-12-2011, 09:04 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Skonk_Werks_ls1
Just installed hooker 1 3/4 headers, slid in like butta. Driver side collector was a bit off and had to work the k member slightly, other then that no problems. I didn't even have to grind the block tabs. Hope they don't disintegrate first time a give it a good run
You'll be happy. Read this thread after I installed my 1 3/4 Hooker comp headers.....mine fit in with the same ease as yours. Ran like a champ for 3 months now!

Quick Reply: The quality of Hooker products: Where did it go?