Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SLP Lid Fitment!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2010, 05:43 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gav91183
I pushed it all the way back then clipped it and it fits a bit better I just feel like there is a gap on the backside and i can see the filter rubber through the back side. Maybe another paper filter will make it fit and look better. but it looks like the pic up top now but the backside is still a bit iffy for me
I have the exact same problem. I have everything back and my lid is all the way on the maf and the back sticks up. It can't be sealing good.
Old 12-24-2010, 07:23 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bead of gasket rtv..
Old 12-24-2010, 07:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by z99ls1
I just need to do what he mentioned there probably
Thats what I did a long time ago...it still LOOKS like it fits like **** (rubs the dam hood, and the front looks stupid being inside the air box, and regular cleaning of the engine made the white SLP lettering fade and look crappy), but the clips haven't popped off in years now...when I clean the air filter every few months, I usually just unscrew the clamp at the throttle body, and then unplug the wiring and unclip the metal things...this way the coupler and all stays the same orientation and I can take it all out as one assembly...seems to allow me to put it back in without the clips coming loose or anything on me.

For what it's worth, if you're running the SLP smooth bellows (I am), mine was too long...I had to trim it to allow the lid to actually pull down all the way and seal in the back...which it does now. I forget which end of it I trimmed, but I had to trim the notches that line up with either the TB or the MAF (again, forget which end I cut) as well...but it wasn't hard with a razor blade, you'd never know by looking at it.