Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Should I get bigger injectors?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 04:36 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Im betting that with H/C they are probably over 100%. I had mine at 112% with H/C on my HOSS before a local shop rejetted them for me. Basically into a 36#'r.
Old 01-05-2011, 07:41 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by orangeapeel
Im betting that with H/C they are probably over 100%. I had mine at 112% with H/C on my HOSS before a local shop rejetted them for me. Basically into a 36#'r.
O no, ask any internet mechanic here and they will tell you its perfectly fine to run stock injectors up to a jagillion hp.
Old 01-05-2011, 01:23 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
O no, ask any internet mechanic here and they will tell you its perfectly fine to run stock injectors up to a jagillion hp.
hells yeah bro. i'm gonna spray a 300 shot with my 30's.
Old 01-05-2011, 05:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just had an LS6 dropped in with a custom cam and mine are running at 107%. I know I need to have the injectors upgraded and my installer/tuner said they SHOULD be upgraded, but it's not MANDATORY unless I'm going to be upgrading the LS6 intake to say a FAST... any thoughts? Also, as far as buying injectors with the idea of "room to grow" is there such a thing as getting injectors that are too much?
Old 01-05-2011, 09:18 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Adam2001WS6
I just had an LS6 dropped in with a custom cam and mine are running at 107%. I know I need to have the injectors upgraded and my installer/tuner said they SHOULD be upgraded, but it's not MANDATORY unless I'm going to be upgrading the LS6 intake to say a FAST... any thoughts? Also, as far as buying injectors with the idea of "room to grow" is there such a thing as getting injectors that are too much?
Replace your injectors, and get a retune!! Fuel delivery isnt something you want to push your luck with. You burn up an injector, you may not know it until its too late.

IMHO, there are a couple things you should NEVER skimp on or push unless your ready to spend some money:

Fuel system - Too lean OR rich, and your walking and it can happen FAST!
Torque converter - You cheap out, and get a **** stall, it can and will take your trans with it.
Valve springs - A dropped valve is a day ender.. Ask me how i know.
Old 01-12-2011, 07:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NVR_SPDS
Replace your injectors, and get a retune!! Fuel delivery isnt something you want to push your luck with. You burn up an injector, you may not know it until its too late.

IMHO, there are a couple things you should NEVER skimp on or push unless your ready to spend some money:

Fuel system - Too lean OR rich, and your walking and it can happen FAST!
Torque converter - You cheap out, and get a **** stall, it can and will take your trans with it.
Valve springs - A dropped valve is a day ender.. Ask me how i know.
Took your advice and got some stock LS1 injector scaled to 42# and had the car dyno tuned again... I have yet to hear how the hp/tq numbers looked, but at least I now have peace of mind that I should be well UNDER 80% on these ones.