Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

O2 extentions or Bosch 13111's?!?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2011, 04:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default O2 extentions or Bosch 13111's?!?!?!

Which should I do. What would you guys recommend. Will either throw codes. Which one is BEST. Using Pacesetter ceramic coated LT's. The reason I ask is bc I see mixed reviews on this question on here and looking for more up to date answers. Thanks!!

Last edited by PheonixLS1; 01-01-2011 at 05:26 PM.
Old 01-01-2011, 05:46 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

i had extensions and i switched to 13111's when my o2's finally took a **** and so far everything works perfectly
Old 01-01-2011, 05:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by King Nothing
i had extensions and i switched to 13111's when my o2's finally took a **** and so far everything works perfectly
How long you been running the 13111, ad would you recommend these or just do the extensions? Thanks
Old 01-01-2011, 07:52 PM
On The Tree

I say just use the 13111. Autozone will replace them up to one year if you have problems. I have not had problems with mine yet and have had them on for 3 months.
Old 01-01-2011, 08:30 PM
Pontiacerator

Received 194 Likes on 163 Posts

Try the extensions first. They're much cheaper than new ones. Many people have had bad results with the Bosch's. I went 20k or so on the stockers with extensions before codes started getting thrown. Then I tried Densos and Bosch and had problems from the get-go. I've had the best luck with a set of used Corvette rears I bought on here.
Old 01-01-2011, 11:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by RevGTO
Try the extensions first. They're much cheaper than new ones. Many people have had bad results with the Bosch's. I went 20k or so on the stockers with extensions before codes started getting thrown. Then I tried Densos and Bosch and had problems from the get-go. I've had the best luck with a set of used Corvette rears I bought on here.
Thats the thing though, I don't want to just throw money around hoping it will work. I want to spend my money on a SOLID solution instead of buying one thing then having to turn around and buy something different. I don't have that kinda money to play with. Thats why I'm here trying to get some solid feedback and results so my FIRST purchase will be the right one.
Old 01-02-2011, 02:11 AM
On The Tree

There is no solve to the problem man. I have been reading about these 02s for months now and still don't see the answer. I just go the best route and with a 1 year cover on the 13111s you can't go wrong. If you are already having code problems then you might have other problems.
Old 01-02-2011, 07:22 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by justinj
There is no solve to the problem man. I have been reading about these 02s for months now and still don't see the answer. I just go the best route and with a 1 year cover on the 13111s you can't go wrong. If you are already having code problems then you might have other problems.
Don't have any codes. Have not done the install yet, trying to get everything right before I start so that I don't get any codes.
Old 01-02-2011, 07:28 AM
TECH Apprentice

i have the Denso's and O2 extensions for about 2 years now. its been good so far
Old 01-02-2011, 07:31 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I would tend to go more towards Denso or NGk than bosch. People still have issues with bosch sensors myself included. No matter which way you go you will still probably get the p1153 and p1133 codes for slow switching unless theyre switched off there really is no fix for these codes as the placement of the 02's are downstream in the longtubes however if they are turned off there really is no downside mine and most people are. Anyway the densos are OEM on new gm vehicles and for me they have worked better and switched faster than my bosches ever did I havent used NGK's personally but a lot of people like them. Dont bother with extensions unless your current o2's are brand new they probably need replacing after all o2's are really only supposed to go 75k-100k miles before they SHOULD be replaced. Extensions allow the chance for water intrusion around the connectors, i think its about an extra 40-50 bucks for new sensors so why not.
Old 01-02-2011, 10:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by redbird555
I would tend to go more towards Denso or NGk than bosch. People still have issues with bosch sensors myself included. No matter which way you go you will still probably get the p1153 and p1133 codes for slow switching unless theyre switched off there really is no fix for these codes as the placement of the 02's are downstream in the longtubes however if they are turned off there really is no downside mine and most people are. Anyway the densos are OEM on new gm vehicles and for me they have worked better and switched faster than my bosches ever did I havent used NGK's personally but a lot of people like them. Dont bother with extensions unless your current o2's are brand new they probably need replacing after all o2's are really only supposed to go 75k-100k miles before they SHOULD be replaced. Extensions allow the chance for water intrusion around the connectors, i think its about an extra 40-50 bucks for new sensors so why not.
Are the denso's long enough to reach the O2 bung on LT's without an extention and if so do you have a part #
Old 01-02-2011, 12:02 PM
TECH Veteran

Yes just get the densos for the rear of a c5 corvette the part no i believe is 234-4617
Old 01-02-2011, 01:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

I neglected to mention that I will be getting a DYNO Tune directly after all my bolt-on mods. Will this keep the front O2's from throwing codes or will it not make a bit of difference??
Old 01-02-2011, 05:36 PM
TECH Veteran

well you will throw codes simply because of the headers/cats and some other mods you may have however the tuner should be able to turn the codes off
Old 01-02-2011, 05:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by redbird555
well you will throw codes simply because of the headers/cats and some other mods you may have however the tuner should be able to turn the codes off
Only mods I am doing are Pacesetter ceramic LT's, Magnaflow Hi-Flow heavy metal cats, already have true duals with an X pipe and 2 LM1's, SLP lid, K&N filter, and MAYBE a ported TB and thats IT!!!
Old 01-02-2011, 07:02 PM
Pontiacerator

Originally Posted by PheonixLS1
Thats the thing though, I don't want to just throw money around hoping it will work. I want to spend my money on a SOLID solution instead of buying one thing then having to turn around and buy something different. I don't have that kinda money to play with. Thats why I'm here trying to get some solid feedback and results so my FIRST purchase will be the right one.
Whatever you do is no better than a roll of the dice. I'd rather throw $25 at the issue and hope that it works than $120-150. Extensions/Bosch/Denso all work for some guys but not others. Why not try the cheapest solution first?

As I said, I've had the best luck with factory O2's, whether my originals or the used Corvette ones. No luck with aftermarket.

As someone mentioned, the exception is if your O2's are high mileage - above 80k or so. Then they're almost guaranteed to throw codes once you move them. The trouble is, Bosch's aren't likely to perform any better.
Old 01-02-2011, 07:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by RevGTO
Whatever you do is no better than a roll of the dice. I'd rather throw $25 at the issue and hope that it works than $120-150. Extensions/Bosch/Denso all work for some guys but not others. Why not try the cheapest solution first?

As I said, I've had the best luck with factory O2's, whether my originals or the used Corvette ones. No luck with aftermarket.

As someone mentioned, the exception is if your O2's are high mileage - above 80k or so. Then they're almost guaranteed to throw codes once you move them. The trouble is, Bosch's aren't likely to perform any better.
Car has 90,000 on original O2's, so I have no idea what to do now........... Why do I have this feeling that I have spent all this money to just have one big headache and not be able to drive my car at all b/c it won't pass inspection b/c of the DAMN SES!!!!!!!!! I don't race this car, only modding for the fun of it and for the SOUND. I love LOUD *** MUSCLE!!!!!!!!! My Dad raised me on LOUD *** MUSCLE. SO do I just turn around and sell all this crap I have already bought...........

Last edited by PheonixLS1; 01-02-2011 at 07:16 PM.
Old 01-02-2011, 07:20 PM
Pontiacerator

Do you have bungs on your pipes for the rear O2?s You'll get a SES if those are missing regardless of how the fronts are functioning.

The real solution is to tune those DTC's out. Do you know somebody who can tune? You're going to want some tuning to maximize your LT's performance anyhow.

BTW, I have a extra pair of extensions lying around. I'll ship 'em to you for $20 if you want to try 'em. Not a big investment and they just may work. PM me if interested.
Old 01-02-2011, 07:21 PM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Bosch 13111's.

They have a higher wattage heater and will work better with long tubes. Mine work perfectly and are very often reccomended here.

Fifty bucks each on ebay. Worth it.
Old 01-02-2011, 07:25 PM
Pontiacerator

Here's the definitive thread on Boschs. You'll learn quickly that results have been mixed. More info about them than you ever cared to know. https://ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-diagn...n-sensors.html

Quick Reply: O2 extentions or Bosch 13111's?!?!?!