Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

O2 extentions or Bosch 13111's?!?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 02:05 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Another option no one has mentioned yet is swapping the pins in the PCM. It's free and you can reuse your stock 02 sensors. Just swap pins, plug your o2 sensors into the post-cat connectors and you're good to go.
Old 01-05-2011, 05:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Golf&GM
Another option no one has mentioned yet is swapping the pins in the PCM. It's free and you can reuse your stock 02 sensors. Just swap pins, plug your o2 sensors into the post-cat connectors and you're good to go.
Dude, that is GREEK to me. I know what the PCM is but swapping wires...um yeah I don'tr think so...
Old 01-05-2011, 06:34 PM
TECH Resident

It's sounds hard and I wasn't sure about it either, but once you get to working on it it's a piece of cake. I posted a thread about it right after I did my header install because honestly I was strapped for cash back then. Z28 LT4 pretty much sums it up:

Originally Posted by Z28 LT4
There are two large connectors that plug into the PCM. The top one is the blue connector and the bottom is the Red. There is a 7mm bolt holding the plugs into the PCM. Unbolt the top one(blue) and the plug in will come out when you thread out the bolts.
The grey plastic retainer on the back of the blue connector must be removed to expose where the numbers for the pins are located. The numbers are very tiny and are beside where each wire comes out of the plug.
On the inside of the blue connector there is blue plastic caps(hence why they call it the blue connector) that cover the pins. Remove these by using a small pick on the sides and these will simply pop off. Once these are off you can now lift up gently on the tabs holding in the pins and pull them out the back.

This probably looks very confusing but, I promise if you take off the connector and look at it, this will be very easy. Good Luck

It's pretty straightforward, once you get the connectors off. You swap 25 and 26, 28 and 29, 65 and 66, 68 and 69.

After you do that you can plug your rear o2 sensors into your exhaust and you're all set. Took me about 10 minutes and didn't cost a thing.
Old 01-05-2011, 06:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Link to how to?
Old 01-05-2011, 06:50 PM
TECH Resident

Closest thing to a HowTo I've seen on here is the thread I started when I didn't have a clue how to do it, https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...ke-fronts.html. I probably should've taken some pictures and done a write up on it, I may get to that when it's not so cold outside.
Old 01-05-2011, 09:45 PM
10 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by PheonixLS1
Dude, that is GREEK to me. I know what the PCM is but swapping wires...um yeah I don'tr think so...
It was all greek to us at one time too. Just start getting your hands on some wiring diagrams and get the tools out. You will figure it out with those and maybe some advice.
I had to test all my wires from the pcm once cause my o2 wiring was reading flat lined 450mv. Come to find out I was scanning my car on the wrong bank LOL! Did I do all that testing on the wires for nothing? No because I learned more about the pcm wiring and where it goes.
Get the tools out! lol
Old 01-12-2011, 08:23 AM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

get your headers coated also to help keep heat in the exhaust gas. whats odd now that i think of it is i never had this problem on my LT1 car with hooker super comp longtubes, and it was an OBDII car also (1997 camaro SS). fwiw, those headers were coated...
Old 01-12-2011, 11:35 AM
TECH Apprentice

My headers are already ceramic coated I stated that in my original post.

Last edited by PheonixLS1; 01-12-2011 at 05:23 PM.
Old 01-12-2011, 07:45 PM
10 Second Club

How does this type of discussion get so much attention? All narrowband O2s are going to do the same thing. So all any of you are discussing is how the sensor gets its signal back to the PCM, the wires. You could re-pin the PCM and use the rear O2 sensor harness, not how I'd do it but it would work fine. You can buy extensions, I guess this is just the easiest to understand why it works. Or you can just buy new O2s with a longer pigtail, 13111s.
I've used my old rear O2s when one took a **** without issue, I've cut and spliced wires in to lengthen the sensor without issue, I have friends who have used extensions, I now have 13111s on my car.
All you need is a good sensor and a solid connection to the proper place in the PCM, it doesn't matter how you accomplish that.

Quick Reply: O2 extentions or Bosch 13111's?!?!?!