Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corsa Sucks.

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 12:40 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corsa Sucks.

I have a Corsa cat-back on my car and it absolutely sucks. Corsa has shipped me two replacement mufflers over the last 4 years and now the third one is needing replaced because it sounds like a can of f'n marbles. I have had it repaired locally when the alignment bracket broke off, and I swear to God this is the thinnest, cheapest, and most non-expensive stainless used on earth. I am stealing the tips and putting something else on.

Anyone else realized how overpriced and hyped the Corsa system is?

It doesn't drone, but it is by no means quality.
Old 01-06-2011, 12:47 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

haha love the thread title

yeah corsa is overpriced crap. i'm not really a fan of the sound, except on corvettes. and the price is a complete deal breaker. even if it was good quality i still wouldn't pay that much for a cb.
Old 01-06-2011, 12:55 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My friend has a custom Corsa catback on his cam only LS1 with no cats, i think it sounds horrible, way too obnoxious and raspy
Old 01-06-2011, 12:57 AM
Launching!

I like Borla better,

Maybe time to swap the your cat back
Old 01-06-2011, 01:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

time for a real exhaust... true duals
Old 01-06-2011, 01:42 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^ or 4" mufflex
Old 01-06-2011, 01:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Overpriced and sounds really raspy. I does look and fit nice though
Old 01-06-2011, 02:29 AM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Only good thing Corsa ever did was market their junk and suck people in for years and years to buying that junk.

People are starting to realize its over priced crapola..........

Yea....great thread title.........hahahahaha

Old 01-07-2011, 07:45 PM
On The Tree

I just pulled my Corsa off today. But I LOVED it for years with Kooks lts and catted Y. NO RASP! if you keep it catted. But, I just put in a mild ESP cam, and now it's just too loud for my taste (I'm 57). It's not raspy...just supper narly! My tuner loves it.

Since my (hopefully) quieter Magnaflow also arrived today, I was able to compare both SS muffers side by side. Magie #12267 is surprisingly smaller than the Corsa. But quality-wise, the welds and stainless steel of the Corsa are flawless.

Just get high flow cats with your Corsa.
Old 01-07-2011, 07:52 PM
Staging Lane

I have corsa sport CB and have had no issues and really enjoy the sound but I haven't put my headers on yet.
Old 01-07-2011, 08:03 PM
TECH Junkie

Tips look great but the price is just as obnoxious as the sound when it's catless.
Old 01-07-2011, 09:21 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Paul 1953
I just pulled my Corsa off today. But I LOVED it for years with Kooks lts and catted Y. NO RASP! if you keep it catted. But, I just put in a mild ESP cam, and now it's just too loud for my taste (I'm 57). It's not raspy...just supper narly! My tuner loves it.

Since my (hopefully) quieter Magnaflow also arrived today, I was able to compare both SS muffers side by side. Magie #12267 is surprisingly smaller than the Corsa. But quality-wise, the welds and stainless steel of the Corsa are flawless.

Just get high flow cats with your Corsa.
My car has LTs and no cats and the Corsa doesnt drone, but is really raspy at decel. I don't mind the sound because it sounds like the world is ending at WOT but, the stainless and the welds they use are not up to par. I have had it repaired twice. Once where it connects to the y-pipe and once where the alignment hangar totally broke off and I was driving around with an outboard for a week or so before I could have it re welded.

I have already got a PM from someone who wants to buy it off me though, I don't get it.
Old 01-07-2011, 09:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

<3 my borla! Thats all i have put on the cars i have owned.
Old 01-07-2011, 09:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really like my Corsa and I have had mine for 8 tp 9 years (since 2003-2004) and haven't had a minute of trouble with it and they like all of them are over priced (like most things this day and time LOL) If I was going or needed a new exhaust now I would really consider GMMG, I don't care for the Borla personally (sound or looks) but to each there own, had it on one of my old cars (1996 Camaro Z28).
Old 01-07-2011, 09:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

I've had three Corsa mufflers replaced due to the failure of welds. Magnaflow is much better quality price.
Old 01-07-2011, 10:59 PM
On The Tree

My car has LTs and no cats and the Corsa doesnt drone, but is really raspy
I was warned by others in the forum here to get a catted y with the Corsa when I put on the kooks LTs. Fortunately Maryland Speed took back the ORY that I had ordered and replaced it with Kooks catted y. It has sounded great. Just too agressive now with a cam.

Sorry, but as for the welds, side by side, the 7 yr old Corsa still looks higher quality than the new Magie. The welds are still shiny, not dark and discolored like the Magie's. The pipes edges are finished, not rough, hack-saw cut like the Magie. And the Corsa pipes are slotted for better fitment. not so the Magie.

But maybe Corsa is under new management these days?

I think I have a buyer for my Corsa, but I haven't heard from him in a few days. I'm asking $200 OBO.

Old 01-07-2011, 11:16 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Paul 1953
I was warned by others in the forum here to get a catted y with the Corsa when I put on the kooks LTs. Fortunately Maryland Speed took back the ORY that I had ordered and replaced it with Kooks catted y. It has sounded great. Just too agressive now with a cam.

Sorry, but as for the welds, side by side, the 7 yr old Corsa still looks higher quality than the new Magie. The welds are still shiny, not dark and discolored like the Magie's. The pipes edges are finished, not rough, hack-saw cut like the Magie. And the Corsa pipes are slotted for better fitment. not so the Magie.

But maybe Corsa is under new management these days?

I think I have a buyer for my Corsa, but I haven't heard from him in a few days. I'm asking $200 OBO.

You are lucky yours looks as nice as it does. There are many levels of stainless and stainless changes colors when welded. Your Magnaflow looks fine, but does show signs of being welded at a little high of a temp. All in all, IMHO, I think Corsa is high priced and heavy crap. I for one do NOT even like the way they sound on Vettes. BUT, that is MY opinion. To the OP, I would not stay with Corsa and change the muffler out wth a Magnaflow or Borla. I for one have a custom 1OTL with a Borla XR-1 and enjoy it. Do what you think is bbest for you and your sound preference.
Old 01-07-2011, 11:42 PM
10 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Ill agree that Corsa sucks just for the price alone.
Oh, and I love my Borla too!
Old 01-07-2011, 11:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by Shadow1999
There are many levels of stainless and stainless changes colors when welded. Your Magnaflow looks fine, but does show signs of being welded at a little high of a temp.
Exactly, the greyish look means the temp was on the high side. Good grades of stainless welded at a lower temp will take on a silver or rainbow color. That doesn't mean that the magnaflow is crap, its just not AS pleasing to look at. Big deal, its under the car. It still seems like a high quality muffler.
Old 01-08-2011, 03:01 AM
TECH Addict

For you catless guys you can put resonators in were the cats used to be, I done that quite a few times for people when I worked at a muffler shop.

Quick Reply: Corsa Sucks.