Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Motovative Solid Motor Mount Install

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 03:33 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Motovative Solid Motor Mount Install

After fighting for 5 hours and busting three knuckles on trying to install a set of prothane motor mounts, I decided to spend the money to try out a set of Motovative solid mounts. Took a total of a half hour to install by myself with a new UMI k-member and new LQ9 out of the car. Hard to imagine an easier install. Take out the cross bolts, lift the engine, remove the four bolts on each side. Bolt the new mounts on each side of the block with four bolts each, lower the engine, and put the cross bolts through. Fits nicely without any huge pry bars (one small pry bar to get the alignment for the second cross bolt pushed through).

If you're planning on a set of these, the only thing to remember is to install the mounts so that the part number is upright as there is no marking. Makes for an easy day and worth every penny.
Old 01-26-2011, 06:59 PM
On The Tree

Probably going to do my mounts pretty soon too, what exactly are the pros and cons of solid mounts? I was going to go for prothane ones, but your post has me second-guessing that.
Old 01-26-2011, 07:52 PM
On The Tree

I can't tell you the exact pros and cons, but anything is better than the stock rubber mounts. I can also tell you that I've only met one person who disliked solid mounts. They also disliked the poly mounts and went back to rubber.
Old 01-26-2011, 08:00 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by RedTtop6spd
I can't tell you the exact pros and cons, but anything is better than the stock rubber mounts. I can also tell you that I've only met one person who disliked solid mounts. They also disliked the poly mounts and went back to rubber.
Keep us informed on how the car feels with the solid mounts?I got some haven't put them on yet.I got a feeling it is going to take a long time with my long tube headers.
Old 01-26-2011, 09:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have some solid mounts, I love them, they were easy to install. I was really prepared for a struggle but I guess I did not have any fuss what so ever. Really just a little more shaking throughout but it gets the girls going, so as being the only con i look at it as a plus.
Old 01-26-2011, 09:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Anyone install these yet on a factory k-member? I see that Motovative says that these mounts are geared towards the tubular crowd, but how well do they fit/install if you are still rocking the factory k-member, and just want to upgrade to solids?

Thanks
Old 01-27-2011, 08:53 AM
FormerVendor

They fit in stock k-members just as well as tubulars.
Old 01-27-2011, 11:01 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by sabersaw30
Keep us informed on how the car feels with the solid mounts?I got some haven't put them on yet.I got a feeling it is going to take a long time with my long tube headers.

Shouldn't take you long at all to do. Plan on the car being down for half a day maybe?

I don't think I'll be able to give any sort of fair comparison to the before and after feel based on just the solid mounts. The car is getting an entire new engine, suspension, and everything else. Would've been easier for me to start with an empty shell.
Old 01-27-2011, 12:23 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Installed these a month ago. Quick and easy as advertised. Can't say the same about the lpp duals I was installing. I don't feel any more vibrations than usual at idle; however, 1700 rpm interior things shake a little.
Old 01-27-2011, 01:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 215 Likes on 176 Posts

FYI.......doin the MM is a breeze if you remove the whole pedestal........ask me how i know
Old 01-27-2011, 03:13 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by RedTtop6spd
Shouldn't take you long at all to do. Plan on the car being down for half a day maybe?

I don't think I'll be able to give any sort of fair comparison to the before and after feel based on just the solid mounts. The car is getting an entire new engine, suspension, and everything else. Would've been easier for me to start with an empty shell.
When I get some time I will give it a shot.and let you know.You are close I live about 20 miles out of jax close to Georgia line.I'll just come over to your house and you can help me put these on.I am hoping it keeps my exhaust From rubbing under the car on accell.

Last edited by sabersaw30; 01-27-2011 at 03:19 PM.
Old 01-28-2011, 10:32 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by sabersaw30
When I get some time I will give it a shot.and let you know.You are close I live about 20 miles out of jax close to Georgia line.I'll just come over to your house and you can help me put these on.I am hoping it keeps my exhaust From rubbing under the car on accell.
Come on down. Would have to be a day when the wife is going to be gone as the garage is full and we'd have to do it in the driveway. Would also need to bring your own jackstands as mine are all being used.

Quick Reply: Motovative Solid Motor Mount Install