Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hmmm exhaust pickle..

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 11:22 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hmmm exhaust pickle..

well heres what i got...
I have ceramic coated pacesetter LT's on the way. And i planned on ordering TSP true dual system with the bullets, for $480.

I called my local exhaust shop and they said they could do a true dual dumped system with the dynomax 24219 race bullet which is 3" In/Out 23 1/2 inches length for $300. And i could go with an H pipe instead of an X pipe so i can eliminate some of the raspiness. Only thing is, they are just gonna build it for me, they wont hang it without cats. Id be saving $180 and i could buy a 4.10 gear set >. But if its worth it o go ahead and get the TSP then so be it.

What would you guys do? It wouldnt be mandrel bent but, there isnt going to be very many bends in it either, not any sharp bends any way.

This system wont have any cats either way i go btw.

Hey TEXAS SPEED! You should do a sale on your TD's in like a week or 2 lololol
Old 02-04-2011, 12:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I would go with their system if it gauranteed fit, by that I mean they install it and then remove after fit is approved, aint nothin wrong with savin money. And an X pipe Over an H pipe will have peoples opinions going in either way.
Old 02-05-2011, 09:35 AM
8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree...If you know they will stand behind their work and their pipes dnt have a whole lot of 90deg angles that pinches the pipe and restricts airflow..Then sure.. Saving that much on exhaust is a great deal..But on the same note its still your preference on sound quality.
Old 02-06-2011, 01:50 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmmm. I'll have to see. They'll need the car with the headers installed so they can fit everything right. But that's gonna require me to drive it there with open headers. Then when they get it all fabbed up, I'll have to drive it bck out to where the car lift is with open header to instll the exhaust. 20 miles from garage to exhaust shop. Also how much would I have in clamps? I'm assuming I'll just need 2. One for each header. Everything else should be welded right?