Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What vacuum lines do you actually need???

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 09:51 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What vacuum lines do you actually need???

Just wondering what you actually need. I am wanting to keep the engine bay as clean as possible without doing the ls6 pcv conversion.
Old 02-11-2011, 10:00 PM
On The Tree

depends. what are u keeping in the car/ taking out of the car? on my setup all mine out off but the brake booster. my car is all drag so im shaving weigh where ever i can. if you take ur a/c out and climate controls on the inside, i read on here you can get rid of the small one on the back of the intake that goes to the T fitting. and where that line goes is a vac bottle on the passenger front under the wheel well that can go also. hope this helps if your going this route
Old 02-12-2011, 08:41 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by thegroup
depends. what are u keeping in the car/ taking out of the car? on my setup all mine out off but the brake booster. my car is all drag so im shaving weigh where ever i can. if you take ur a/c out and climate controls on the inside, i read on here you can get rid of the small one on the back of the intake that goes to the T fitting. and where that line goes is a vac bottle on the passenger front under the wheel well that can go also. hope this helps if your going this route
I am going pretty much drag only too. Maybe a little street. Already did the HVAC delete. So what lines are necessary? Seems me and you are doing the same thing. What lines do I need for the valve covers and where do they go on the intake? I have my brake booster hooked up to the back of the intake. I understand that is the only "true" vacuum line. I then just need to bring fresh air from the front of the intake to each valve cover.
Old 02-12-2011, 09:25 AM
On The Tree

On mine all that is left is one on the side of the TB PVC lines and the brake. I can get u a pic of the basic idea later today. My motor is just on a stand still togethe so I can set my intake back on it and show u the general idea. It'll probably be after 2 or 3 when I get home and get the pics taken and up on here
Old 02-12-2011, 09:49 AM
TECH Resident

That would be sweet man!!!
Old 02-12-2011, 10:42 AM
On The Tree

Right. If I don't get them up today. Def check back tomo
Old 02-12-2011, 01:53 PM
On The Tree

ok, heres my set up all nice, neat and ugly as all can be. should be all the same on any intake setup, or at least from stock LS1 to FAST 78mm. im putting 6 pics up. 3 being what it actually looks like and 3 with my "great" microsoft paint skills. (laugh all u want, but fig the more infor the better) and yes my PVC link is gone and thats on my list to fix

here's what it actually looks like

and now the art work

the green lines are the PVC lines with catch can (from ws6store, works awesome), blue is i believe the reall main one you need since it goes to the TB, and the orange goes to a module (see in pic 2) that plugs in a line on the frame by the fuel line (aint got a f-ing clue what it does, may not even need it.

same color code. the piece circled with silver is the rad return. mines blocked off at the TB so its just one long line.

the red circle is where the small vac line in the back plugged. i just capped it off since my HVAC is out.

hopfully this will get you on the right track. works for me
Old 02-12-2011, 04:32 PM
TECH Resident

Where do all the green lines go in the fourth picture?
Old 02-12-2011, 04:37 PM
TECH Resident

I have a 6.0 and the valve covers are slightly different. On my drivers side rear valve cover there is a hole where you would plug a premade vacuum line in. The passenger side valve cover just has one fitting (the front one). I'll get a pic in a few and show you. I am using an ls6 intake btw.
Old 02-12-2011, 04:49 PM
On The Tree

right, where the driver side line goes its suppose to connect to the other lines but my connector fell apart and and then the passenger side combine together and go to the front to the catch can where the egr valve use to be and then into the intake right behind the TB. should be the same on ur LS6
Old 02-12-2011, 04:54 PM
TECH Resident

Ok. I got it. Thanks. I guess I can just get rid of the "t" fitting that you said you were gonna have to replace. I don't have a need for that. Thanks for all the pics. I shall see if it works tomorrow.
Old 02-12-2011, 04:57 PM
On The Tree

does your motor have the LS1 PCV or LS6 system? that might make a difference. im really not sure why ur passenger cover only has one outlet
Old 02-12-2011, 04:59 PM
On The Tree

mmmk. should work the same, at least id think so. maybe some of the memebers on here might know for sure though
Old 02-12-2011, 05:44 PM
TECH Resident

Do you know what size vacuum line I need to get. I believe it's a little bigger than 3/8th's.
Old 02-12-2011, 06:11 PM
On The Tree

no idea tator. id just take ur old lines to the parts store and match them up
Old 02-12-2011, 06:40 PM
TECH Resident

Lol. Thanks man

Quick Reply: What vacuum lines do you actually need???