Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hey you running those ebay headers...

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2011 | 10:49 AM
TECH Veteran
15 Year Member

i got the ebay headers and y-pipe and the y had some issues to say the least but not enough for me to hate on it too much
Old 02-15-2011 | 10:51 AM
12 Second Club

Has anyone bought a set of these Stainless LT's since the last guy selling them started ripping everyone off? My Pacesetters are getting pretty rushed out since I drive mine year round. I'd like to go to stainless without emissions tubes without having to pay $700+ for a set of LT's.
Old 02-15-2011 | 11:23 AM
TECH Veteran
15 Year Member

i thought that someone started carrying those instead of selling them on ebay though?
Old 02-15-2011 | 11:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by blackbyrd
i got the ebay headers and y-pipe and the y had some issues to say the least but not enough for me to hate on it too much
Haven't seen any Y pipes on eBay for F-Bodies lately. Was this recently?
Old 02-15-2011 | 11:47 AM
TECH Veteran
15 Year Member

no this was almost 3 years ago i think
Old 02-15-2011 | 12:28 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BIG_MIKE2005
Has anyone bought a set of these Stainless LT's since the last guy selling them started ripping everyone off? My Pacesetters are getting pretty rushed out since I drive mine year round. I'd like to go to stainless without emissions tubes without having to pay $700+ for a set of LT's.
I have, Speed Daddy is the shop where I got mine and a few other people have had good luck. That other LSXtreme guy was a joke. He was buying ebay headers, "improving them", and then selling them for double to members here. He did well because he didn't have the ebay name tag and a few members got a good product from him. Mine didn't really need improving, so I have no idea what he was doing to warrant the markup. Seemed like a theif in vendor clothing.
Old 02-15-2011 | 02:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm currently running the stainless long tube eBay headers. I paid $185 shipped through the "make an offer" option. They do the job, but you definitely get what you pay for. The lowest point under my car is the passenger side O2 hanging off the header... they couldn't have picked a worse place to weld in the bung. The driver side header also rubs the k-member. None of this has been an issue, though. I bought the Texas Speed 3" ORY and it fits real nice. Sliding the y-pipe on the driver side collector took a little convincing with a rubber mallet, but it looks real clean and fits well.
Old 02-20-2011 | 08:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Anyone here running eBay headers and a cated y-pipe? If so, which one and how much fabrication was needed?
Old 02-20-2011 | 11:58 AM
TECH Resident

Here's a pic of my ebay headers and modified TSP y-pipe. I started with an ORY from TSP and had the shop add the cats druing install. I bought the ORY because I knew it was going to need some work and I didn't want to buy the more expensive cat'd y just to have to chop it up for the install.

You can see a little bit of the angle that had to be added to the y-pipe on the driver's side. The original design of the TSP ory on these headers would put it straight into the floor board because the collector is angled up and a little out. The passenger side was cake and didn't need much but the driver's side needed the most work.

Old 02-20-2011 | 02:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Golf&GM
Here's a pic of my ebay headers and modified TSP y-pipe. I started with an ORY from TSP and had the shop add the cats druing install. I bought the ORY because I knew it was going to need some work and I didn't want to buy the more expensive cat'd y just to have to chop it up for the install.

You can see a little bit of the angle that had to be added to the y-pipe on the driver's side. The original design of the TSP ory on these headers would put it straight into the floor board because the collector is angled up and a little out. The passenger side was cake and didn't need much but the driver's side needed the most work.

Thanks for posting a pic. My setup sgould look very similar to this. Out of curiosity, what did the shop charge you to fab up the Y-pipe and add the cats?
Old 02-20-2011 | 02:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Also, did you wrap or coat the ebay headers? Have they held up pretty well?
Old 02-20-2011 | 05:51 PM
TECH Resident

Labor was about $75 if I remember correctly. I didn't wrap or coat them mainly cause I'm not trying for every last pony and they're stainless. They've held up pretty well, got that usual stainless brown/yellow color from road use and heat, but a quick polish job brings the shine back to them.

Quick Reply: Hey you running those ebay headers...