Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Catch can issue

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 08:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Catch can issue

I recently installed my mike norris catch can. Install was easy . followed instructions and all. But I noticed when the car is idling the hoses seem to be collapsing a bit . The hose routing is perfect no binding or creases etc. I double checked the inside screen, , all lines are clear etc. This normal?
Old 02-17-2011, 06:32 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you unplug both ends of the PCV system and can freely blow through the system directionally=ONE WAY (FROM the rear driver valve cover TO the front nip of TB, through the can and valve--dirty side/vacuum) and NOT THE OTHER WAY with no leaks or obstructions, you know it and your valve are functional. You should have an unobstructed clean side (FROM the rear TB nip TO the pass valvecover) for a SEALED constant replacement of crankcase air. A low idle or collasping line may indicate an obstruction and a high idle may indicate a leak of unmetered (post MAF) air. I don't know what lines your system has, but if they are still collapsing after you've determined your routing and valve are functional, replacing your lines (all of them) with a good quality fuel line should take care of it. It sounds like your valve MAY be backwards.

Last edited by Steve Gunn; 02-17-2011 at 08:01 AM.
Old 02-17-2011, 02:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks....It was the limp hose that came with the catch can. I used 3/4 hard fuel line hose and problem is gone. the catch can is doing its job. Theres a tiny bit of oil in the bottom.
Old 02-17-2011, 04:16 PM
Launching!

Why did you decide to go with a catch can instead of the LS6 valley cover? Is it because you would've had to grind to make it fit?

I'm just trying to decide whether i want to go catch can or LS6 valley cover on my 02.
Old 02-17-2011, 04:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Catch can was a quick, simple choice. and took 5 min to install.
Old 02-17-2011, 07:07 PM
Launching!

Gotcha. Thanks.