Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Waisting fuel anyone !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 01:39 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^He said in his second post he was trying to find one. And yeah op if theres that much smelling of gas and all your probably going to want to get it tuned or scanned at least
Old 03-07-2011, 02:13 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Really? No one mentioned the MAF?

Take a look at that too. It doesnt take a gear head to realize that there is a walmart bag stuck against half of it causing a problem. Is it descreened?
Old 03-07-2011, 02:19 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Agreed that should have been one of the first mentioned, figured it probably was checked already
Old 03-07-2011, 02:23 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Anytime I had a problem I started at the front of the engine bay and worked back towards the firewall. The MAF is the first thing you come to except for the lid and radiator. Plus its easy ***** to check it out with just a screwdriver. I have learned that on the internet what is obvious usually is not looked at first.

Also, just because you can smell fuel doesnt mean its running rich. You could be 17.1 @ WOT for all you know. Stay out of the throttle till you figure out what the deal is.
Old 03-07-2011, 10:22 AM
Banned

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by orangeapeel
Really? No one mentioned the MAF?

Take a look at that too. It doesnt take a gear head to realize that there is a walmart bag stuck against half of it causing a problem. Is it descreened?
Thats my mistake for assuming people look at the obvious before posting a question like this. I'd consider the maf being obvious.
Also looking at someones signature of their modifications makes me wonder how they got all that done and yet still can't check the obvious before posting.

Theres no way in hell there is actually raw fuel mist hitting the windshield of his buddies car. It's condensation in the exhaust.

My suggestion of getting a wideband would show the end result of all fueling. I have my wideband set up to be portable or installed permanently. If this guy was my friend I'd offer to hook it up and put it in the exhaust exit at least. Also if he had a 2002 and was a near by friend I'd connect my hp tuners to see what all the sensors are reading.

This all after checking the obvious, visual stuff.
Thats why I say what I say, maybe he has friends who have a wideband and tuning equipment. He doesn't necessarily need a tuner, he needs tuning equipment to scan and see whats going on. In fact it would be a bad idea to tune a car that has a problem.