Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pacesetter Painted / TSP ORY package arrived! Lots of pics.

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 04:22 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

I'm going to pull it back out to let my girlfriend practice mocking it up
LOL!!! Sorry nice headers, OP.
Old 04-03-2011, 01:10 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dug
Yeah, they look coated to me.

I would keep them if I were you. Especially, if they charged you price of painted headers.

I like the coating cuz it insulates the heat. Less likely to burn stuff like wires and starter
I probably won't send them back, too much of a hassle, but I will let them know what the situation is. They should last until I'm out of college either way.

lol @ chaman. Thanks
Old 04-03-2011, 12:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

For what its worth I've got some ceramic coated pacesetters on the way, but I wish i could have got them for the painted price. I've had painted headers before and I cleaned them up real good and painted them with some good high heat paint and they looked good for about 2 or 3 weeks and the paint was burned off and they rusted again and looked like poo. I still have them and they have been sitting outside for about 3 years and still are 100% useable, but they just don't look good. So this time I decided I would spend the extra coin to get something more pleasing to the eyes.
Old 04-03-2011, 01:50 PM
On The Tree

I plan on being the only person to see what's under my hood. I guess that's why I wanted painted over ceramic, because people say they last longer despite looking terrible. Someone did mention a good point, though, that they should help keep the under-hood temperatures down a little bit.

Last edited by gta3uzi; 04-03-2011 at 02:08 PM.