Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SLP highflow airlid + MAF sensor?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2004, 05:59 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SLP highflow airlid + MAF sensor?

So I got around to putting my ws6 hood on today, which came with a new airbox, air filter etc... then also i installed my SLP hi-flow airlid as well.

but for some reason i can't figure out how to get the mass airflow sensor off of the old stock airlid... i tried just pulling it out with a pair of plyers but all that did was break a peice of the plastic off the sensor:

MAF sensor still stuck in old stock airlid...

hole where mass airflow sensor goes on newly installed SLP airlid

anyone know how to a) either get the MAF sensor off the stock airlid and onto the SLP airlid or b) where i can buy a new MAF sensor that will fit into the SLP airlid's hole?

also i started it up and it ran fine... i got no SES lights or any kind of indication that the MAF sensor was still not hooked up.

also i'm not exactly sure that thing in the pictures is the maf sensor... i know its either the air intake sensor or the maf one of the two...

thanks
Old 02-22-2004, 07:45 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

thats the IAT sensor, not the MAF. you can pick up a new one from a couple of sponsors or a dealership.
Old 02-22-2004, 07:51 PM
PR Director

What I did was whiggle it side to side while pulling on it and it came off. I put some water around the rubber garmet to allow it to slip out easier.
Old 02-22-2004, 07:53 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SlammedTA
What I did was whiggle it side to side while pulling on it and it came off. I put some water around the rubber garmet to allow it to slip out easier.
i straight cut mine out with a hacksaw
Old 02-23-2004, 05:30 PM
Teching In

Alright well I got the IAT out fine and put it in the new SLP lid just fine as well... hooked the wiring harness back up and fired the car up. Drove it around the neighboorhood... and its running fine, but it never wasn't.

however the SES light is still on. is this gonna go off automagically once the PCM finally figures out that its in there, or do i have to take it to the dealership or something?
Old 02-23-2004, 06:03 PM
On The Tree

reset the computer

Quick Reply: SLP highflow airlid + MAF sensor?