Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quick Easy Header Install Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 06:01 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick Easy Header Install Question

A easy one, did not know exactly what to search for.

02 Trans Am, LS6 Stock Intake manifold, BBK Headers.

When installing these headers with no provisions for the emisions hookups, on the 02's with the LS6 manifold. The only stuff I saw hooked to the factory manifolds is the piping that seems to connect the left and right manifolds together. Once I install headers without these hookups do I just get rid of all that tubing or is there something else I am needing to buy?
Old 05-09-2011, 06:07 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so you have a car that appears to be minitubbed and you're asking what to do with the a.i.r. bs? hahaha i think that's funny.

remove the tubes completely. if your headers have the provisions for them you'll need to make some sort of block off plates. i cut the flange off the air tubes and stuck a penny in between the 2 flanges and simply bolted them back down (sans the tubes of course).
Old 05-09-2011, 06:23 PM
Launching!

LOL, my car is not minitubbed. The headers dont have any provisions for any of it, I was just wondering if there was anything else hooked to the back of all that bs in the back of the manifold. I have not had any of it off before and I can't really see what alls back there.
Old 05-09-2011, 10:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Look up how to remove the AIR and EGR, there are a few sticky's with great pictures of how to do everything. the AIR pump is on the driver side in front of the wheel well. it's easiest to get it from the bottom. I'm assuming you have off road headers without the emissions.
Old 05-10-2011, 01:01 AM
Teching In

if you are getting the bbk long tube headers which i believe you are there are no previsions for EGR or AIR. you dont have EGR so what you are describing is your AIR system. i would remove all of the piping. you dont have to remove the AIR pump but is easy to remove from underneath. as stated before there are a couple stickies about removing EGR and AIR so you should have no problem removing everything. you have to get a pcm reflash to tune out your AIR because it will set the ses light. not a big deal if you dont mind driving around with it for a while.