Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Which Cutout
DMH
84.21%
QTP
15.79%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

QTP or DMH E-Cutout

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 02:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Default QTP or DMH E-Cutout

So I'm wanting to order a 3" e-cutout & was wanting to hear what everyone's thoughts were on these two? Thanks......
Old 06-02-2011, 06:55 AM
On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DoggyB22
So I'm wanting to order a 3" e-cutout & was wanting to hear what everyone's thoughts were on these two? Thanks......
I had a friend that ran the qtp cutouts and hated them, they were very fragile and they costed a fortune to fix if they broke. The DMH is a much better piece and has a 5 year warranty over everything. Also the people that work there are exceptional and are willing to help, and have a fast turn around time. I bought two for my car and have never had any complaints since.
Old 06-02-2011, 07:59 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had 4 QTP's. None lasted over a year of constant use. All of the bolts and screws would come loose even if I put locktite on them. I'm now trying a DMH. The upside of a QTP is that it has a slower open/close time, allowing fine tuning of partially opening the cutout for sound. The DMH opens quickly, so if you just want to crack it open, it's tougher. But it also shuts quicker if there's a cop behind you. I like the DMH warranty.
Old 06-02-2011, 11:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I have a QTP. The piece looks nice but there's a bit of a design flaw that has been a royal pain in the a$$ for me ever since I bought it and had it professionally installed several years ago (I mention "professional installation" because they will often suggest that the failures we encouter fall back to improper installation). Although they are by far the best known name in the business, you'll learn quickly that there's something to be desired from the "stand behind the quality of your product" department (the QTP vs. DMH warranty comparison goes strongly in favor of getting a DMH).

On the flip side, DMH is a smaller operation, so things don't move quite as quickly over there. Might take a little longer to get someone on the phone. Might take a little longer to process any warranty claims, etc. That being said, if I had it to do all over again, I would've gone with the DMH.
Old 06-02-2011, 11:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

I have experiance both, DMH cutouts opens and closes quick but the rattle over time (been having this issue on many cars) QTP cutout opens and close 3-4 times slower then DMH speed but never had rattling issue.
Old 06-02-2011, 02:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yea I think I'm going to go with a DMH just because I will save a couple $$$ & its got a better warranty. Their buying system is def different though...... Anybody know how much wire I would need if I was to put the cutout on my I pipe under the passenger side & have the switch where my ash tray is?
Old 06-02-2011, 03:15 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Anyone know what the DMH switch looks like. I hate QTP's switch. And it takes forever to close.

I want a simple rocker switch that you don't have to hold down until its open and closed. What does the DMH cutout come with?
Old 06-02-2011, 03:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 857 Likes on 610 Posts

DMH. Their switch is better too!
Old 06-02-2011, 04:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ive never ran a QTP so I cant say anything about that, but my new car came with a DMH.... so far no problems with it at all. I've done a lot of research on it in the past, and it seems most people prefer the DMH, esp cause of the warranty.
Old 06-02-2011, 04:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by udienow
Ive never ran a QTP so I cant say anything about that, but my new car came with a DMH.... so far no problems with it at all. I've done a lot of research on it in the past, and it seems most people prefer the DMH, esp cause of the warranty.
Got a pic of the switch?
Old 06-02-2011, 07:46 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a qtp. And its slow opening and closing. Love it. Never had a problem with it..

Quick Reply: QTP or DMH E-Cutout