Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My First Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 02:34 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My First Camaro

I bought my first camaro a little over a mouth ago, it is a 2000 z28. All that I have done to it is put magnaflow exhaust on, and I had to pull the heads so while I had them out I had a valve job done on the heads plus I put all new springs in and I had them do a triple angle valve job. I am look at trying to find small relatively cheap upgrades (I am a college student). I had been looking at a K&N CAI but I have been seeing that a lot of you do not use them instead you go with the lids+airbox systems (I have been looking around the forums for a couple of hours ) is there much of a difference between the two or is it just personal preferences? I was also seeing that some people had trouble with the lid hitting the hood, I am looking at replacing the stock hood with something like this (see attachment below) though I am not set about that hood. For the lid+airbox I was looking at something like this http://www.lmperformance.com/3224/1.html? Any input would be much appreciated, or if you have any other good upgrades for under 500.

Matt
Attached Thumbnails My First Camaro-fiberglass_98-02_camaro_3in_cowl_ss_dominator_hood.jpg  
Old 06-07-2011, 11:30 PM
On The Tree

Man this site is cool. I could spend a mouth just looking through this place!
Old 06-08-2011, 02:50 AM
On The Tree

from what i have seen there are better ram air systems out there than the slp package. SSRA and FTRA seam to be pretty good. For some cheap hp i would get a lid, pptb, and maybe an e-cutout for a nice aggressive bark for your bite. All said and done for about 350-400. You can always pick up the ssra or ftra for another 200 down the line or at the same time. Check out the free mods to free up a few ponies as well. Oh yea congrats on the car.
Old 06-08-2011, 02:06 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SoWazIt2You
from what i have seen there are better ram air systems out there than the slp package. SSRA and FTRA seam to be pretty good. For some cheap hp i would get a lid, pptb, and maybe an e-cutout for a nice aggressive bark for your bite. All said and done for about 350-400. You can always pick up the ssra or ftra for another 200 down the line or at the same time. Check out the free mods to free up a few ponies as well. Oh yea congrats on the car.
Thanks. Yeah i had not seen the SSRA man that looks nice. as far as the lid I am seeing some with the breather hose and some with out it? My stock one has the hose idk if that matters. For PPTB is that something I can do or does it have to be done by a machine shop?
Old 06-08-2011, 11:26 PM
On The Tree

what i really want to do is find a ls6 intake
Old 06-09-2011, 06:02 PM
On The Tree

what size lid will I need to fit over my stock MAF?
Old 06-09-2011, 11:01 PM
Staging Lane

get u some longtube headers and a offroad ypipe if u can run without the cats where u live and maybe a torque convetor and a tune and u will b really happy