Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headers & Y-Pipe...decisions decisions.....

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 01:54 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul Bell
I didn't want to hyjack another thread so I'll start a new one. I have searched.....

I'm soon gonna be on the market for headers and catted Y-Pipe. My requirements are:

Headers:

-Stainless steel;
-No EGR or A.I.R fittings;
-1-7/8 inch OR 1-3/4 to 1-7/8 primaries.

Y-Pipe:

-Stainless steel;
-High flow cats;
-Flowmaster style merge;
-3 inch outlet;
-Good ground clearance.

Most header companies do not have more than 1-3/4 inch primaries. The only company I found with the Flowmaster Y-Pipe merge is QTP. They don't have larger headers, don't have any headers available until September and a search results in reports of poor ground clearance.

Of course, Kooks and American Racing Headers have the headers but lousy Y-Pipe merges.

Any ideas?

Paul Bell, Not sure how you’d say our Y-pipes are lousy. With all due respect all ARH Y-pipes are true 2 into 1. Have a look inside one and you’ll notice a very smooth transition with unobstructed flow. We often tailor make the merge outlets to better suit different performance needs. The same Y-pipe pictured in your post is on a 3250# nitrous street race Gen 4 that runs 8.70’s at 156 mph through a single 4” muffler.
Old 07-06-2011, 02:00 PM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

Hey Anthony! Thanks for jumping in here.

Perhaps "lousy" was a poor choice of words. The point is that the pictured Flowmaster merge is better.

Sorry if I stepped on your toes buddy!
Old 07-06-2011, 02:04 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have ARH 1 7/8" x 3" headers and their 3" ORY and couldn't be happier. Top notch products and top notch customer service as well.

Quick Reply: Headers & Y-Pipe...decisions decisions.....