Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WSQ Ram air

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 09:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default WSQ Ram air

I have the slp cold air (it was on the car when I bought it ). Ive been looking at other options for awhile. I got the WSQ hood with no thought of actually using it for a ram air. That is until I started looking at it. Keep in mind that Im not done fitting it. It will sit flush when Im done.

Its hard to tell from the picture but you can see the entire opening(sealed off for the slp cai). Would a raised lower airbox open this up more?

The opening is pretty big

The opening comes VERY close to the lid when its closed. It might only be an inch gap.

Im thinking of making a sheetmetal box to put the air filter in(inside the lower airbox) that will actually seal the sides of the filter and open to the front which will then seal to the hood opening. The lid will just seal to the top of the air filter(which is about all it does anyways). Hopefully this will lower my IAT at the very least.
Old 07-18-2011, 11:15 PM
Launching!

Why not just apply foam weatherseal for doors around the internal scoop opening?
Old 07-19-2011, 12:01 AM
TECH Apprentice

That alone would not seal my intake. I mean you can see the filter from the back of the lid. And my lower box is cut up for the slp intake.
Old 07-19-2011, 12:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You could get something like this. I personally don't like this style because no air is flowing over the engine to cool it down a bit. This one is another option.

Both are expensive but nonetheless are options for you :/
Old 07-19-2011, 01:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

I want to stay away from any oiled filters. Been through that before.

Quick Reply: WSQ Ram air