Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

yanked air/egr w/intake swap. vacuum question...

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 07:31 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question yanked air/egr w/intake swap. vacuum question...

Ok, so I swapped out the LS1 intake for a BBK SSI one and while the manifold was off I went ahead and yanked out all the air/egr stuff. My question is what I do with the vacuum lines in the back of the intake. I am keeping the LS1 coolant lines and pcv setup since they do not interfere with the BBK intake so I basically need to know where everything hooks up with my setup. I know that the big hose on the back of the intake on the driver side goes to the brake booster but I am a bit unsure about the little one on the passenger side. There was a check valve along with some other stuff that I think is the egr solenoid but I’m not certain. Correct me if I am wrong but from my interpretation the small line on the passenger side controls the HVAC. With this said can I simply connect this line to the little port on the back of the intake and be done with it or do I need to keep the check valve and other stuff in between it and plug to unused lines? Here are some pics of what I’m talking about.

Here is the thing I think is the egr solenoid. Can I trash this?

Here is the line I want to hook straight to the back of the intake. Can I do this?
Old 07-20-2011, 07:33 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Plug it. It was for the air system. Don't need it now
Old 07-20-2011, 07:35 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by babbage1109
Plug it. It was for the air system. Don't need it now
is it not used for hvac? if I plug the line I would need to plug the intake port as well correct? with eveything out of there if i plug that line then there is nothing to plung into the pass side port on the back of the intake.

Last edited by Blk2kSS; 07-20-2011 at 07:54 AM.
Old 07-20-2011, 06:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I'm not sure what the vacuum pieces are you pulled off, but there's no vacuum ports on the EGR.
Old 07-20-2011, 09:37 PM
Staging Lane

i figured it out. i was mistaken and it was the air stuff not egr. you can run a direct line from the back of the intake to the pass side hvac vacuum.