Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to reinstall stock a/c on camaro Z-28

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 09:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Arrow How to reinstall stock a/c on camaro Z-28

Guys i need help. I want to reinstall my stock a/c on my modded 2000 Z-28 car as stated in my sig. Does anyone have a write-up on this? I dont want to miss something. I'm also not sure if anything has to be done to the pcm?
Old 07-29-2011, 03:06 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

was the ac deleted? or you want to replace a particular part? it isnt hard to figure out. if your evaporator (behind dashboard) is still in place then you only need compressor, condenser, dryer and ac lines. once the condenser is bolted in front of the radiator, connect ac lines to dryer then bolt on compressor and connect lines. check for leaks and ur good to go.

EDIT: you wont be needing a pcm tune unless you know it was deleted by a tuner.
Old 07-30-2011, 09:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

All those parts are still in the car. Just engine compartment parts were removed. I had the car dyno tuned, but i dont remember if they deleted the a/c stuff? Any more help is appriciated.
Old 07-30-2011, 12:09 PM
On The Tree

The engine compartment parts are pretty much all the parts. If you have them then just bolt it all back up, it's pretty simple. Accumulator bolts right next to the battery, the condenser drops right in front of the radiator onto 4 tabs, and the compressor bolts up to the bracket down near the starter.

If you need to get the parts, some part stores won't have the smaller line (liquid line?), so might have to go looking for that. Also, when putting the compressor on, it's easier to put it on with the hose connected to the back instead of having to get that hose hooked up with limited spaces for a wrench.

And I doubt a tuner would have done anything to the a/c through the pcm.
Old 07-30-2011, 10:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks for the help!!
Old 07-31-2011, 08:52 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

make sure your evaporator is still in the car! if it isnt you have to go thru the hassle of removing your dashboard. id say pics will help more than a write up. check your friend's cars and see how it is hooked up. good luck.