Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Header Selection

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2004, 11:28 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Header Selection

Hi,

I am new to the forum. I have a 01 SS Camaro and am having a GMMG cat back installed. I would like to have headers installed at the same time. Can anyone tell me what the best headers are for increasing HP?

Thanks!
Old 03-04-2004, 11:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For the money I say get some Pacesetters. Jet Hots, Kooks, Hookers are also great. All have there won little benefits and downfalls. I liked my Hookers and now I'm running Mac Midlengths.

Seeing your in california you definitely want something Emissions friendly.
Old 03-04-2004, 11:34 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mods, please send to Newbie or External forum, THANKS!
Old 03-04-2004, 12:14 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah it is really a External mod, but with that said it doesn't matter to me I am every where.LOL! Headers just depends on what you want to spend. If you are looking for something under $800 then look at the Hookers/Jet Hots or pace setters. If money is not your main concern $1200 or so will buy you some nicer stuff like FLP's, Kooks, or QTP's. I think for the average person the FLP's offer a great combo of interchangeable cats or off road pipes that are easy to change out for emissions or race track ETC... Just look around in the EXTERNAL SECTION and see what you think about what other people have to say about these headers. Look at fitment and performance and make your decision also don't forget to look in the Group purchase section for a deal or two. Good luck.
Jeff
Old 03-04-2004, 12:16 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah over hear.LOL!