Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gains with fast 90 and 90 throttle body over ls6?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 01:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by z99ls1
I wouldn't say 10-15 hp and a tenth in the 1/4 is a waist. Plus when I put my 228r cam in it will help me out even more..
I still say 243/799's are much more worth it than a fast at this point and time.
Old 09-09-2011, 02:01 AM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by whatsa347
I still say 243/799's are much more worth it than a fast at this point and time.
Well the fast 90/90 only cost me $500. And I hope to gain a little over a tenth and hopefully a mph. I will be getting a 228r cam soon and I might just do heads and cam. I wan't to get everything else ready for the cam though so I will actually be running good times for a cam car. I might even buy tsp 1 7/8 headers and tsp ory before the cam. Or atleast a better ory.

Last edited by z99ls1; 09-09-2011 at 02:42 AM.
Old 09-09-2011, 02:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Z99.. People don't get the thought behind bolt on only... Setting the car up for when you finally add a cam or heads.. Getting everything you can out of the setup on the car. Etc etc.. They don't add a Fast until later because for the money there are other mods, not if you have almost all other bolt ons and don't want to do heads cam yet and set yourself up better for futre mods. It just doesn't register.

The gains will be worth the 500$ you have in it easily.
Old 09-09-2011, 02:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by lemons12
Z99.. People don't get the thought behind bolt on only... Setting the car up for when you finally add a cam or heads.. Getting everything you can out of the setup on the car. Etc etc.. They don't add a Fast until later because for the money there are other mods, not if you have almost all other bolt ons and don't want to do heads cam yet and set yourself up better for futre mods. It just doesn't register.

The gains will be worth the 500$ you have in it easily.
I fully understand what he is doing and I have nothing against it at all, I just think there is money best spent elsewhere. It's his car, he can do whatever he wants.
Old 09-09-2011, 02:39 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I read very few posts in this thread. My post was not directed at any one person. I already knew the replies before I entered.
Nothing to take personal.

Let me ask this... he stated he did not want to do heads/cam now and no power adder.. Don't offer heads if he already stated he wasnt ready. For 500$, besides a fast, what would you recommend?
I already told him the exhaust as well as a few other things could be improved on. We have what? An ewp? 5hp, maybe.. There isn't too many other things left.. Hence why this thread didnt ask what the next mod should be, it asked what gains he would get with a fast setup.

Not trying to sound like a Dick, but come on man.
Old 09-10-2011, 02:53 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by z99ls1
Well the fast 90/90 only cost me $500. And I hope to gain a little over a tenth and hopefully a mph. I will be getting a 228r cam soon and I might just do heads and cam. I wan't to get everything else ready for the cam though so I will actually be running good times for a cam car. I might even buy tsp 1 7/8 headers and tsp ory before the cam. Or atleast a better ory.
So did you buy the intake already? If so I'm interested to see your track gains with it while you are still bolt-on only. Makes sense to me to get one now if you are planning on camming the car eventually. Did your car come with the LS6 when you got it or did you buy it and install it?
Old 09-10-2011, 03:40 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by green28
So did you buy the intake already? If so I'm interested to see your track gains with it while you are still bolt-on only. Makes sense to me to get one now if you are planning on camming the car eventually. Did your car come with the LS6 when you got it or did you buy it and install it?
Yep I did. From spinsb. Look over at my other thread i started if you wanna keep track of my gains with the fast 90/90. I will be going to the track with it soon to see what gains I get. Make a guess if you want!

Quick Reply: Gains with fast 90 and 90 throttle body over ls6?