Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mangaflow tips

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 10:36 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^same... the fitment blows but has a nice smooth sound
Old 09-16-2011, 11:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

These cannon tips are meant for trans am's.
Old 09-16-2011, 11:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

how much do you guys think it would cost at a local exhaust shop to cut off my magnaflow tips and weld on my new slp dual duals?
Old 09-16-2011, 06:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by z28camaross2
how much do you guys think it would cost at a local exhaust shop to cut off my magnaflow tips and weld on my new slp dual duals?
Depends on where you go and what has to be done to weld them up. I am sure it wouldnt be more than $50 or so as I paid around $100 for my stock z28 catback to be welded and fitted up under my 95 camaro. They had to weld on new hangers and brackets and then weld the catback piping in a few places where I had to cut it to get it completely off the z. They also added a piece of pipe where I cut off the stock cat too. So far a couple welds and possibly a new hanger or two, it shouldnt be much. Just make sure that you advise they line them up good or put some tape on the bumper to locate where you want the tips to sit underneath because some exhaust shops have workers with crooked eyes...

I keep thinking about doing this but I still am looking for the perfect exhaust tip haha. The bumper on a firebird is sort of in between that of a camaro and trans am IMO which makes it tricky to fill right but I have found a few I really like; I just cant decide what will look best. I might just have to order them all and then send back the ones I dont use because there are no shops around here that carry the ones I am looking it to replace my magnaflow "big *** truck" tips. New tips should also edit the exhaust note slightly, esp since you are replacing pretty much the whole section after the muffler, I wonder how that will change the magnaflow sound.

Last edited by Fb0dy0nly; 09-16-2011 at 06:29 PM.
Old 09-16-2011, 09:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

thanks not to bad at all lol but i think the magnaflow cannons look great on formula's here is spd-kilz car :
hmmm pic isnt working here is link https://ls1tech.com/forums/album.php...pictureid=2589