Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone ever add dual mufflers onto an LM1?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 06:50 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone ever add dual mufflers onto an LM1?

I'm trying to think of an exhaust setup I would enjoy going with. I currently have an LM1 and a B&B triflow. I am going to be doing headers/ ory soon and installing my cam not long after that. I like the LM1 now but know I will hate it as soon as the headers go on, and the B&B sounds a little crappy as it gets higher into the rpm band IMO.

I am considering adding a muffer before each exhaust tip on my LM1 the way the powerflo is set up but was wondering if anyone had any experience trying this out. If so, what are you running. I don't even entirely know what I want to go with, I know that I do like bassani on aluminum blocks but havent heard them on an ORY setup, and magnaflow is an obvious option. And I know the popular thing to do is replace the slp resonator with a borla or magnaflow but I am honestly not a big fan of the sound of that.
Old 09-14-2011, 07:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

could replace the LM1 with a Borla XR1 or add a small bullet before the LM1 in the I pipe