Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fatty Injectors on the 102 can be done!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 10:13 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fatty Injectors on the 102 can be done!!!

According to the guys over at Thunder, it can be done without modification. The pics below do the justice. There have been a lot of set-ups at which they have done this to without any issues. Pictured is an LS1/LS6 102 with racetronix 42#, and LS2 fuel rails. I do notice however, that there are no spacers, but there are a good amount of thread left in the bolt where the spacer would go.

Last edited by RaVagE; 09-20-2011 at 07:57 PM.
Old 09-20-2011, 10:23 AM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The reason that there are no spacers is because we were just testing this on the dyno to make sure the injectors would work. FWIW, one of my guys thought they wouldn't work until I went back and worked out the solution. If you seat the injectors with the PROPER lower o-rings, you will find, they don't go very deep and there are no clearance issues. Spacers are now in place...

Hope this helps,

Shane

Also, this setup was smoke checked for vacuum leaks and none were found.
Old 09-20-2011, 07:57 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well said Shane, Thanks.
Old 09-21-2011, 08:18 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by XtraCajunSS
The reason that there are no spacers is because we were just testing this on the dyno to make sure the injectors would work. FWIW, one of my guys thought they wouldn't work until I went back and worked out the solution. If you seat the injectors with the PROPER lower o-rings, you will find, they don't go very deep and there are no clearance issues. Spacers are now in place...

Hope this helps,

Shane

Also, this setup was smoke checked for vacuum leaks and none were found.
My uppers were the problem even with the supplied FAST o-rings. As soon as I primed the pump it sprayed enough fro me to see it over the cowl. Tried twice and it was leaking from the rails on both attempts. The angle was off. Maybe it's something about the LS3 rails he's using that is the key.

I thought the angles on the bottoms looked fine.. The tops must have been unhappy for some reason.
Old 09-23-2011, 12:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

interesting I could never get mine to seat properly but I was using the spacers. I ended up having to massage the manifolds injector seats for them to fit down all the way with no vac leaks.