Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCV delete

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 08:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Default PCV delete

I've read the threads and the sticky but i still have a question

in order to run the PCV delete do i need an LS6 valley cover or can i use my LS1 valley cover (valley cover not intake, i have an LS6 intake but an LS1 valley cover)?
Old 10-07-2011, 01:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

by delete are you referring to a breather setup?

yeah you can run a breather and cap all the PCV lines without swapping valley covers
Old 10-07-2011, 01:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

Don't do breathers and catchcans. Get you an LS6 valley cover for about $70 and its matching hose $5. Cap your rear 2 ports on your valve covers and your done.
Old 10-07-2011, 02:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you can find a ls6 valley way cheaper....I found one just recently on ls1gto for 28 shipped
Old 10-07-2011, 08:53 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
Don't do breathers and catchcans. Get you an LS6 valley cover for about $70 and its matching hose $5. Cap your rear 2 ports on your valve covers and your done.
This makes sense, easy and clean. Boosted, you still need to utilize the catch can or no?
Old 10-07-2011, 08:58 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Deleting the PCV is the only 100% way to ensure that you don't get oil into the intake. It doesn't matter what valley cover you use when you delete it. Yank all the lines out. Run a little breather on rear of the driver side cover. Cap the fittings on the passenger side and run a breather on the oil fill hole. Be sure to cap off the intake and the TB or else you'll have a vacuum leak.
Old 10-07-2011, 11:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
I was/am planning on doing breathers on the oil fill tube and the driver side rear valve cover, i was then going to cap the TB nipple, intake neck nipple, the front passenger valve cover nipple and rear passenger valve cover nipple. Im not going to use a catch can. I dont want any emissions stuff on this car, not to mention my solid air tubes for the air system are broken, EGR Hose and valve have rotted away and i get a 2nd air injector code on my DIC, so,,,,,,,,,, its cheaper to remove it than fix it. plus i got home made high flow cats and my nice sized cam.

I respect that you are a Moderator but why do you say no on the breathers??? everything i read seems to say its all good and you can tune everything out.
Old 10-07-2011, 11:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by RedRallyeZ
by delete are you referring to a breather setup?

yeah you can run a breather and cap all the PCV lines without swapping valley covers
thats what i thought

Quick Reply: PCV delete