Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got my cutout

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 11:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Sladester2
Are there any y's with cats that fit lt headers? 355 is a little steep for me at the moment
no offense but if thats steep than you should not be looking into anything. save your money. but if you absolutly need to get **** now, buy the bkk long tube kit they were talking about, i have it and it comes with a chrome bbk long tubes and a ORY. no cats. if you want louder you need to ditch the cats. you will gain significant hp and tq from this. i am running bbk long tubes with there ory and a 3 cutout and its so f*ing loud i had to get an electric flap installed on the cutout to open and close at will. trust me you will not be dissapointed with long tubes easily one of the best mods. with any long tube install you will need new o2 sensors, trust me on this. get extensions or buy the bosch 13111's that are pre extended.
Old 10-12-2011, 10:35 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ill probably wait for headers. Do I need a tune after the cutout? Or should it be fine? I have never had a tune and all I really have is a flowmaster muffler, cutout on the i, and slp lid. Could I benefit from it? Where should I get my tune done?
Old 10-13-2011, 11:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

No you don't need a tune after a cutout. You might want one after LT's because of all the SES lights.

I am not saying you wouldn't benefit from a tune even with your mods, but I would wait til I did more mods.
Old 10-13-2011, 01:46 PM
11 Second Club

Ok thanks