Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which pulley puller for power steering?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 04:03 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Which pulley puller for power steering?

Which pulley puller do you guys use to get the stock pulley off the power steering? I went to advance auto and they have two, they have one that has two pieces that you put around the center hub on the pulley with a nut thing and as you turn the nut it pulls the pulley off and then they have a 2 jaw typical puller. I have tried the jaw one and I can't get it to grab the hub on both sides so the pulley keeps coming off the pulley. Which one have you guys had success with?
Old 10-17-2011, 07:45 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by tording99Z28
Which pulley puller do you guys use to get the stock pulley off the power steering? I went to advance auto and they have two, they have one that has two pieces that you put around the center hub on the pulley with a nut thing and as you turn the nut it pulls the pulley off and then they have a 2 jaw typical puller. I have tried the jaw one and I can't get it to grab the hub on both sides so the pulley keeps coming off the pulley. Which one have you guys had success with?
^^^ This one.
Old 10-18-2011, 03:37 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Agree with S10XGN, 2 piece one for pulley hub.