Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

another vacuum leak question?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 08:36 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default another vacuum leak question?

so i finally installed my LS6, took the car for a ride and it was alright.suddenly it started misfiring i reused my gaskets since i couldnt find any cheaper than 100+ USD and i just couldnt wait any longer to have have them shipped online! also, my pcv line broke during the install and i left it opened just to see how car performs. i deleted egr but the block off plate seems to have a slight leak..could that leaky egr cause misfiring? i dont want to take the damn intake out again..ideas?
Old 10-20-2011, 08:47 AM
TECH Addict

ok i double checked. injectors and wires are fine. AC blows air through the vents so the rear connections should be good. one thing is the egr block off plate is VERY loose and its leaking bad and i cant reach it with my wrench lol..could that egr cause misfire? i dont see how it would misfire from egr though..help please
Old 10-21-2011, 08:41 AM
TECH Addict

ok i am torn here ..i blocked the EGR and same issue was still there, car bogs every 1 min. then i took it for a ride around 15 mins with ac on and a little of traffic and the car drove perfectly fine? i wot it then suddenly stop, ac on off while in gear and drove like an ******* and car still runs perfect? what caused the misfire in the beginning? my pcv hose is still leaky am going to fix it now. any ideas? am kinda paranoid now lol