Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Simple exhaust rattle fix ...

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2012, 12:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SSRed2k2
Sorry to bring up a dead thread. Anyone have a P/N for the arm that goes into this mount?
Are you talking about the metal part of the Delco mount? Probably not available anymore.
Old 06-12-2012, 01:57 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by SSRed2k2
Sorry to bring up a dead thread. Anyone have a P/N for the arm that goes into this mount?
The "arm" that goes into this mount is part of the Flowmaster exhaust.
Old 06-12-2012, 03:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

He's probably referring to the 'L' shaped bracket that unbolts from the stock system and onto most aftermarket ones. Flowmaster has their own welded on
Old 08-21-2012, 07:38 PM
On The Tree

This solution fixed most of my rattles and squeaks, the rubber piece that goes in the bracket was completely gone and i had metal grinding on metal and at the same time the exhaust was hitting the frame due to not being mounted to the bracket properly.
However i had to pay 85 bucks for it with install and i still have a rattle that i cant find, its there at idle and around 1100 rpms and sometimes around 1900 rpms, i cant find it. If i can fix the last rattle i would finally have peace in my soul lol.
Old 08-21-2012, 09:35 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ls1n00b
This solution fixed most of my rattles and squeaks, the rubber piece that goes in the bracket was completely gone and i had metal grinding on metal and at the same time the exhaust was hitting the frame due to not being mounted to the bracket properly.
However i had to pay 85 bucks for it with install and i still have a rattle that i cant find, its there at idle and around 1100 rpms and sometimes around 1900 rpms, i cant find it. If i can fix the last rattle i would finally have peace in my soul lol.
Glad this thread could help eliminate some of your rattles. As far as the last one, did you check the "over the axle" pipe? Mine was hitting the heat shield high up over the axle ... just a thought.
Old 09-01-2012, 02:08 PM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

FYI, GM P/N 10275709 has been discontinued with no new P/N substitute, and very few dealerships still have this item in stock. The nearest one that has it for me is just over 100 miles away, and the next closest one is about 400 miles away. I highly recommend anybody with a Camaro to go with the Walker 35648. I know for a fact the passenger side hangar on a 99 Firebird is a different design and makes the Y pipe hang lower than a 01 Camaro design which tucks it higher, I have no idea why. I have a 99 Firebird and bought an 01 Camaro for a parts car, both had factory GM mounts and both were different - I had to use the Camaro mount with my Bassani exhaust since it was designed around the Camaro mount and would bang the axle with the Firebird mount.
Old 09-02-2012, 06:45 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BrianSF-GA
Glad this thread could help eliminate some of your rattles. As far as the last one, did you check the "over the axle" pipe? Mine was hitting the heat shield high up over the axle ... just a thought.
Found it i think. Its right where the hooker catback is parallel to the frame going towards over the axle, its slightly touching on the outside of the pipe. Maybe i can get the pipe bent, or cut the piece of the frame that is touching out. I can see the marks on the pipe from where its touching.
Old 09-02-2012, 06:48 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ZexGX
FYI, GM P/N 10275709 has been discontinued with no new P/N substitute, and very few dealerships still have this item in stock. The nearest one that has it for me is just over 100 miles away, and the next closest one is about 400 miles away. I highly recommend anybody with a Camaro to go with the Walker 35648. I know for a fact the passenger side hangar on a 99 Firebird is a different design and makes the Y pipe hang lower than a 01 Camaro design which tucks it higher, I have no idea why. I have a 99 Firebird and bought an 01 Camaro for a parts car, both had factory GM mounts and both were different - I had to use the Camaro mount with my Bassani exhaust since it was designed around the Camaro mount and would bang the axle with the Firebird mount.
Yea, i couldnt find one anywhere close to me, luckily i had a parts car that i got it from.
Can you switch these mounts, or use the walker part on the firebird?
Old 09-04-2012, 12:51 PM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ls1n00b
Yea, i couldnt find one anywhere close to me, luckily i had a parts car that i got it from.
Can you switch these mounts, or use the walker part on the firebird?
Yes. Worse-case, you use washers/spacers and two longer metric bolts to make the hangar sit further away from the frame (lower). I ordered the Walker mount on the 1st, but again, I have a catback designed for a 00-02 Camaro (even though it was advertised as being for Firebirds as well).
Old 12-02-2012, 04:28 PM
Staging Lane

or the size thread and what not for the bolts that actually hold this hanger? my exhaust vibrates so much that those two bolts only on the passenger side slowly come loose.. im thinking lock washers once i get a hold of those bolts
Old 09-20-2015, 07:27 PM
On The Tree

Old thread but I needed a new mount for my 2002 Formula and the dealer said it was discontinued a while ago. I checked around and my local NAPA said they didn't have one...but I went to another NAPA a town over and had him search the book and he found 35648 Exhaust hanger. Not sure if that was the exact part for my car or a similar car, but the bolt holes matched up perfectly and after a little modification to the rubber I was able to jam the arm for the pipe into the hanger and I'm back in action. Hopefully that will help anyone trying to keep their fbody on the road without getting into too much fabrication.
Old 03-31-2016, 11:19 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looking to get one of these but the Autozone site says it doesn't fit my 2000 Camaro SS?

Quick Reply: Simple exhaust rattle fix ...