Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

poly motor mount ???

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 05:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Slight vibration from my poly munts but I love them.

Do you get this vibration in gear, when the car is moving as well? Possible this is a tire issue?
Old 02-10-2012, 03:43 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was the motor mounts. Put in brand new oem rubber ones and the vibration is gone. The engine bounces around at idle again...oh well. Don't know why they work for some and not for me. I have a cam and sub-frame connectors and suspension; maybe that was the only place for the vibration to go. I didn't like the general vibrations that they transmitted throughout the whole car.

Alot of it is perception and personal opinion. My neighbor has a 65 chevelle and has had muscle cars his whole life. When he drove it, he said: "you have 400 hp to the wheels...how smooth do you expect it to be?" Maybe my idea of acceptable vibration and some other people's are different.

To the guys who said it has to be a wheel: I said it was RPM related. Not speed, or gear or axis of the moon. RPM. When you drop your engine from the bottom, the steering rack comes with it; right? They're basically connected. That's why the vibration comes throught the wheel for some people.

Quick Reply: poly motor mount ???