Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AIR Removal after header install?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 10:05 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AIR Removal after header install?

Hey guys and gals,

Long story short, I have my ARH headers sitting around at home, and due to an insanely busy work and travel schedule for the next couple months I'm not going have time to do the install myself, so I might have a local speed shop take care of it.

I was planning on removing my AIR system when I installed the headers, so here's my question. If the long tube headers are already installed, is it going to make it easier or harder to remove the AIR system? Since it's so easy to do on the stock manifolds, I'd still like to remove the system myself since I can do that in an afternoon, but if it becomes a lot harder to get to the AIR connections on the headers to install the block off plates, I might have to just let the shop do that during the long tube install.

I tried searching for someone who did this after their headers were already installed, but didn't find much in the results.

Appreciate any insight.

And the info if it's needed: 2002 z28 A4, will be running 1 7/8" ARH LTs and ORY.

~Andy
Old 01-31-2012, 10:10 PM
12 Second Club

its not hard, it wouldnt hurt to have the shop do it since their in there but if you want just have them block use the block off plates and when you get around to it pull the rest off. I dont think it will change anything in drivability but im no expert
Old 02-01-2012, 08:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

It shouldn't really be any different. I still haven't gotten around to yanking mine out but after the headers went in a friend turned off the AIR system with HP Tuners. Block off plates are in, I just need to get off my lazy a**!