Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For those with TSP X PIPE and DUMPS

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 02:16 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For those with TSP X PIPE and DUMPS

ok i need some advice you guys.. i need to know what kind of hanger set ups you guys have for your tru duals with dumps.

After i installed my exhaust, everything was cool. The hanger bolts held great. Then i wrecked and during the wreck 3 of the 4 hanger bolts popped out. Now, I can't get the hanger bolts to hold because the holes are basically stripped out. I've tried thread lock and slightly bigger bolts but i don't want to just keep puttin bigger bolts in and havin them pop out. So essentially what I'm asking is has anyone rigged anything up to hold the hangers instead of just screwin bolts into the back of the cabin?? I just need to hold the end of the exhuast up to stop it from rattlin or keep it from hangin too low. Please if anyone has any advice let me know..
Old 02-01-2012, 02:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats really all you can do, you cant put a nut behind the bolt to hold it in place?
Old 02-01-2012, 03:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^ x2, To my understanding you're supposed to drill holes in the floor and install the bolt with nuts and washers...? Sounds like OP may have just threaded the bolts into the sheet metal...
Old 02-01-2012, 03:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would use the rear seatbealt ancor bolts that come through the tunnel as they are reinforced with thicker metal.. Just use a lock nut to fasten your hanger.. The floorpans on these cars are very thin & the drilled holes can get stress cracks from the engine torque & exhaust movement.

Quick Reply: For those with TSP X PIPE and DUMPS